So....how's it going?

tehdanlien

So, after lurking for a while I decided to jump in and take the plunge. I have enjoyed reading reviews posted on this site and I like the interaction on the boards. I also love the smileys...... :thumbsup:

I like computers, gadgets and, frankly, anything with shiny buttons. I built my first PC a couple of years ago but I have never overclocked anything (I am wearing asbestos shorts so feel free to flame). I sort of fell into computers and discovered I had knack for it. My dad bought a Dell lappy (Windows 98) for his business when I was around 16 and, like any good, thoughtful individual exploring a new frontier, the first thing I tried to do was load up and play a game! Civ 3 didn't run quite right but eventually I got it working and I just never stopped. I now have the lifelong joy of being called on by family, friends and people I hardly (and wish I didn't) know to fix their tech problems. I am currently in college working my way toward a BS in CIT so I have proof I really know how to do the things I do and, hopefully, get paid for it. I also work full-time so what small amount of time I left I use to read, tinker with PCs or play games. The following are the stats of my current rig:

Primoris Build

Cooler Master RC-690 Case

Intel E8400 @ 3.00GHz CPU

ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 CPU Cooler

Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard

2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-8000 RAM

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB OS Drive + Western Digital 7200RPM 500GB Media Drive

MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600 GT GPU (Looking to upgrade to a Radeon 6850)

PC Power and Cooling S61EPS 610W PSU

19" Acer Monitor (Looking to upgrade to an HP 24" 1920x1200)

Windows XP HE SP3

Since I am slightly OCD, I have decided to follow a naming convention a name each new build starting with a letter of the alphabet. I intend my next build to be based on Sandy Bridge (though if Bulldozer performs well I might change my mind) and it will be called Andraia. I would like to include an SSD, perhaps even in RAID, and eyefinity and wrap it all up in a Silverstone Raven series case. I am waiting because I want to see what the new Z68 boards are capable of and if Bulldozer turns out to be anything special.

:wave:

Welcome to OCC!

I see you are in MB, I am up in Wilmington, NC, about an hour away. I always go down there for a little day trip to get away from here when I need a break. Definitely a fun place, especially in season.

Welcome to OCC!! I run an HP 1920x1200 :)

I trust you like it?

I am looking at getting this one Newegg but I am a little leery of buying a monitor I haven't seen in person. I had a 20" LG (which I recently sold) I bought from Newegg to run dual monitors with my Acer but I could never get the settings right. My Acer always had sharper colors and I never had to do a thing to it.

Welcome to OCC!

I see you are in MB, I am up in Wilmington, NC, about an hour away. I always go down there for a little day trip to get away from here when I need a break. Definitely a fun place, especially in season.

I have been up to Wilmington once or twice. Cool place. :)

I trust you like it?

I am looking at getting this one Newegg but I am a little leery of buying a monitor I haven't seen in person. I had a 20" LG (which I recently sold) I bought from Newegg to run dual monitors with my Acer but I could never get the settings right. My Acer always had sharper colors and I never had to do a thing to it.

I have been up to Wilmington once or twice. Cool place. :)

Yeah, it's funny because my last monitor that my dad now uses was a 22" Acer. It was very nice too, got this one on sale for $200 a while back.

Yeah I am pretty sure we have the same type of monitors IVITHOS. I found 2 debranded ones around online for a little under $200 and an actual HP w2408h for sale locally for exactly $200. No complaints here. Just have you keep an eye out for good deals, and check ebay and craigslist for monitors.