From1 problem to the next ;) replaced the PSU and now I cant boot

vlad86

So after throwing my rig together I realized my XFX Black Edition 750 was dead so I ran to microcenter and grabbed a sparkle 850 and now I power up no problem except I cant boot and Im not getting an image on my monitor. I get 2 different beep codes which is wierd......like a beep beep...beep and then a louder one is just like a beeeeep beeeep beeeep beeep almost like a friggin warning sign. Unfortunately the MSI manual doesnt say diddly.......anyone know what these codes mean?

Sys:

Haf 922

Sparkle 850w

Msi P67gd65

Galaxy GTX 480

Gskill Ripjaws 4x4g 1600

WD 1B Black Cavier

Asus DVD-RW

Thermalright Silverarrow

Edited by vlad86

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I know it seems like I may have a dud mobo or memory....hell since I get both beeps codes maybe both are crap :) going to end up RMA'ing almost every damn piece I ordered this computer lol

Well, one of the problems would be that you didn't plug in the power to your graphics card..... you gotta plug in the 8-pin and 6-pin connectors as shown HERE.

Make sure you always read the manuals on computer components; you might think you know everything, but no one ever will.

Well, one of the problems would be that you didn't plug in the power to your graphics card..... you gotta plug in the 8-pin and 6-pin connectors as shown HERE.

Make sure you always read the manuals on computer components; you might think you know everything, but no one ever will.

This stupid.gif

Damn. Sounds like your computer should be called Trepidation. I thought mine was bad (hence my computer's name). But I'd have to say it's Mobo or Memory.

Sweet so im pretty sure this mobo is crappered out as well. Stripped everything down to the mobo and PSU and im getting the same beep error codes. Geeze :\ I never new putting my own rig together would consist of getting so many busted parts!