From1 problem to the next ;) replaced the PSU and now I cant boot

vlad86

Damn. Sounds like your computer should be called Trepidation. I thought mine was bad (hence my computer's name). But I'd have to say it's Mobo or Memory.

lol ~ yea man im worried once I get this squared away im going to find out 1 of my ram modules is going to be crapped out or who knows what next....i mean the dead psu basically didnt give me anything now a mobo thats crapped out means I cant even test to see if my GPU or Ram modules work....guess once I get a working Mobo ill see what thing im going to have to return next :) At this rate this thing wont be done for another month or more.....going to go pull a swicheroo tomorrow or possibly just order a new mobo :P

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna ask another question here.... did you plug in the 8-pin power connector for your CPU? LOL HERE

Just Checkin'....

lol goood 1 ~ yea got that 1 down....I went on the MSI board and all the guys that are some sort of salesmen or something cause they all try to say its not the mobo lol

got another mobo *same* and some corsair 1333........same problem. So pretty much now the only thing left that I think it could be is the CPU :P going to go exchange that and see whats up

You replaced the motherboard, ram, PSU, and the CPU.... honestly, it sounds like you are doing something wrong in the build. Something is not connected correctly or there is a short somewhere. You already forgot to plug in an 8 pin mobo power connector, as well as the power cables to your video card... its not a stretch to think that you have missed something much less obvious (the graphics card issue is VERY obvious).

My advice is to take your setup into a local Microcenter and see if they can look at it and figure out what you did wrong. If you can't get this to work with a minimal setup of mobo + cpu + RAM outside the case, then one of those parts is wrong. If you replaced them all and they still don't work, then you must be doing something wrong.

I say start over, piece by piece, step by step. I guarantee you're missing something- you just aren't seeing it.

Does the motherboard have Diag lights. The Asus P6T7 that I have has a diag Dram, Diag CPU, Diag VGA, and A Diag SATA Control LED that will illuminate itself when there is an issue. If your Board has these what one is Staying on?

Have you by chance Tried using just one memory module in the memory 1_A slot???? Or a Bios rest?

im not much help, when it comes to putting a new rig together it could be anything. it's been a while since everything in my rig was new at once.

on a side note you can give me all the "broken" stuff and i'll find a way to make it work. my guess its something simple causing a big headache. just booting with just a basics and maybe if you have a spare video card or even putting it in a different slot. sometimes i get those beeps if the MB is under powered.

You do have a socket 1155 CPU right? Because if you accidently got a 1156 cpu it would fit in the socket... but not work. It may seem almost rude to ask but just doin my best to help.

What might be helpful... Do you have a camera? Could to maybe take a bunch of pictures for us, and post em up? I was helping someone a few weeks ago with a build that was going disastrously bad just like this one. With the help of some pictures was able to find out the issues. Turns out he wasnt installing his ram all the way. Some of these parts like the RAM and GPU need alittle but of umph to get locked into position properly. Im not using repeatedly punch the crap out of it, um just saying to give it alittle elbow grease, make sure everything is actually locked down.

Post pictures, i think it would help. They dont need to be like 12MP+ pics, but it would be nice if there was good detail on them.

its cool man ;) im up and running....my first mobo I figured out the PCI slot was dead.....the 2nd one i found out i was plugging it into the PCI 2 slot lol :-)