exploding 478 cpus

bobby898

Got bored today so since it was a nice day pulled out an old mobo that didnt work and stuck different 478 cpus in, fried one btw old pentium 4 1.6ghz. Going out to collect another 478 mobo and bench it and then yank the heatsink off. Since this mobo i used today was shocked i had to connect the green and black atx wires together to power it on, question is will this bypass the thermal cutout on the board, obviously hard to tell on a shocked board since this could have damaged the thermal cutout. This is entirley for fun so no need to post warning notes, i know of the dangers, i am trying to copy some videos off youtube and attempt to projectile the cpu off the board. Thanks for your help in advance

Edited by bobby898

Got bored today so since it was a nice day pulled out an old mobo that didnt work and stuck different 478 cpus in, fried one btw old pentium 4 1.6ghz. Going out to collect another 478 mobo and bench it and then yank the heatsink off. Since this mobo i used today was shocked i had to connect the green and black atx wires together to power it on, question is will this bypass the thermal cutout on the board, obviously hard to tell on a shocked board since this could have damaged the thermal cutout. This is entirley for fun so no need to post warning notes, i know of the dangers, i am trying to copy some videos off youtube and attempt to projectile the cpu off the board. Thanks for your help in advance

Please capture this with video! :)

Here's my friend dumping water onto an old amd machine lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxNmkB5a_A

Nice video, put little of droplets on the cpus today and the water just jumped off the cpus because of the heat. Thats why i want to get a workin mobo to stress the cpu and get it hotter, i have one but not one im willing to destroy, so like i said ill pick one up tomorrow. Still though does anyone know if connecting both the green and one of the black wires on the power supply bypass the thermal cutout?

Here's my friend dumping water onto an old amd machine lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxNmkB5a_A

I love the way he keeps apparently backing away from the surface while he's conducting his "experiment".

High velocity projectile anyone :)

The video would have been awesome if the cpu had blown up all over the camera.

He should have used lighter fluid :)

having to delay the experiment till sunday however may give this a go by spreading it underneath the socket and on top of the cpu, hopefully it will set fire and not evaporate like the lynx i sprayed on it. Will promise to upload the video though, might get some nice fiery footage :)