windows experience index

LETTERSTOTHEDEV

Does anyone actually care what it says or no? I figured it would be cool to see what a lot of you scored!!!!!

processor 6.6, ram 6.6, graphics 7.7, gaming graphics 7.7, hard drive 5.9

It hates me because I don't have an SSD... enough said. :D

Well running the same card as Waco now brings my scores down a bit too...

7.0 CPU, 7.5 RAM (even though Waco and mine should be the same), 7.1 Graphics (used to be 7.3 with trifire -- lower with my quadfire, as it clocks down). 5.9 for classic HDD

Edited by BluePanda

Agreed on them being relatively meaningless...but here's mine:

7.4 CPU, 7.4 RAM, 7.1 Gaming and Aero Graphics, and 7.7 HDD score. I'm loving that 7.7 disk score. :P The graphics scores are lower because my video card stays at 507/500 MHz for GPU/memory clocks in windowed mode. :lol:

Edited by Waco

LOL nice! Yeah i noticed it's pretty stupid, I usually use heaven 2.1, hdd tune, furmark and a slew of others but I was wondering if microsoft actually

had any fans out here :P. I upgraded my memory from 2gb gskill 4-4-4-10 to 4gb samsung 6-6-6-18 and while my other marks showed a 5% bump at most windows magically jumped from 5.5 to 6.6.....

I shoved my samsung . in the gskill coolers so i can try abusing this stuff a little :D

current running setup

i7 950 @ 4.26

12gig mushkin 7-9-7-24 @ 1854mhz

2 msi 580's @ 822/1645/2138

intel x25m 80gb

score

processor 7.8

ram 7.9

graphics 7.9

gamming graphics 7.9

harddrive 7.3

i dont pay much attention to the scores but i read somewhere that 3dmark was working on a full system benchmark test so you don't have to go by microsofts performance test

The WEI just ticked me off at Microsoft. You see this had the potential to be a GREAT idea. Thin k about all those Mom's buying software for the kids and looking at hardware requirements. What if instead you knew that the game needed an index of 4.9 to run, even computer dumb people can remember a number. The potential for this to simplify software purchases was amazing and MS BLEW IT! :pfp:

Edited by ComputerEd
  • Like 1

The WEI just ticked me off at Microsoft. You see this had the potential to be a GREAT idea. Thin k about all those Mom's buying software for the kids and looking at hardware requirements. What if instead you knew that the game needed an index of 4.9 to run, even computer dumb people can remember a number. The potential for this to simplify software purchases was amazing and MS BLEW IT! :pfp:

It really is a shame.

CPU- 7.7

MEM- 7.9

Graphics- 7.9

Gaming Graphics- 7.9

HDD- 7.7

Thats with my CPU at 4.0Ghz and an sandforce SSD. Even with my CPU at 4.5Ghz i only get a 7.8 on the CPU score... WTF does it take to get 7.9, lol.

Thats with my CPU at 4.0Ghz and an sandforce SSD. Even with my CPU at 4.5Ghz i only get a 7.8 on the CPU score... WTF does it take to get 7.9, lol.

More cores. :P