Diablo 3

tkrow21

Introducing Global Play for Diablo III

Diablo III's global game servers are grouped into three distinct game regions:

The Americas - For players in the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia.

Europe - For players in the European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Asia - For players in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.

You can play on any of those regions, but characters and friend's list do not transfer. You start fresh on each region.

Edited by AZNguyen

Its a good game but the server is busy all the time..;)

They dont have very many beta servers. So thats no surprise... There shouldn't be many issues at launch.

They dont have very many beta servers. So thats no surprise... There shouldn't be many issues at launch.

Blizzard has a pretty decent track record for releases. I still don't like that it needs a server at all though...

Blizzard has a pretty decent track record for releases. I still don't like that it needs a server at all though...

I don't play WoW, so I don't know firsthand, but I thought a few WoW releases didn't go so hot at launch?

The lag in WoW on release day of content/expansion is hit or miss. Expansions were usually laggy due to the large number of players being in an air. I remember will the Sunwell content came out a lot of people were on this small island and there was no lag at all.

TBC launch was another story haha. Both factions were fighting each other to take control of the portal that everyone had to pass through to get to the new zones. You have like maybe 200 or more players in a small area just casting spells like crazy.

captureozm.jpg

With Diablo being instanced servers, the load might be lessen. I don't really play the beta for long periods to ever notice any lag.

===================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sHDuDBUgM

Edited by AZNguyen

Of course they do, it takes 20 years for a game to come out.

Since the release of wow they have been pretty consistant with launches...

When WoW first came out they under anticipated the demand for the game, servers queues were long, and servers were down for days at a time due to be overloaded...

Since then they learned their lesson and try and prepare for an influx of players. Even the expansions for wow tried to spread people across the server so everyone wasn't in the same place at once...

So...anyone jump on the Collector's Edition of this? The in-game items kinda intrigued me....but the "exclusive" colors are so...plain...theyre like white and black.

If I wasnt so broke, id be all over the CE.