Best Videocard & Processor ever

Fragsman

Just thought it was interesting that you don't believe in something that's already been proven but you do believe in something that has no proof at all. :cheers:

If you want to discuss evolution, start another thread, suffice it to say, it has not been proven. Micro-evolution yes, Macro-evolution no. And i dont believe it ever will be.

Gah... now i cant remember where we were going with the whole soul thing...

Well thanks guys for the polite and flame free discussion. Lots of interesting idea and opinions. :thumbsup:

Gah... now i cant remember where we were going with the whole soul thing...

Well thanks guys for the polite and flame free discussion. Lots of interesting idea and opinions. :thumbsup:

Sorry if that's my fault with the Santa comment. I was just in the mood to say something like that, something to laugh at.

Sorry if that's my fault with the Santa comment. I was just in the mood to say something like that, something to laugh at.

Lol, thats fine made me lighten up so i didn't try and disprove evolution in one block of text.

I back to the topic and read many answers so I also have many thoughts.

1) Dreams, Emotions, Fear, Love are non-physical things that exists.

2) This made me remember to the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

See, I feel we are far or we could never read our mind (or brain thoughts).

3) I will try to make a work for university (a research) about AI on videogames and that make me imagine the following. Try to create an algorythm to make a computer, look, feel, act identical of a person and if some processor would be able to run it. It would be just so complex.

We humans, are so complex. And machines, just machines, 1+2 = 3 (repeat repeat, etc) .. blah!

4) Other though. Think on a simple guy, like me, like you. Lets compare ourselves with Albert Einstein or your favourite genious.

Lets say me/you developed our total intelligence or processing capacity as 1% and I dunno, Einstein 5%? 10%? Maybe we 0.0001% and he 0.1%.

Interesting huh? I find kids have 3 year olds and interacts with computers in the same way I did when I had 10... Well maybe in the future we will be more smart human beings if society helps (not wars, not drugs, no destruction, etc).

5) Related with 4. See how autistic are UBER fast with calculations. We will NEVER be as fast as them. So how come they can use that processing power? Maybe because they are concentrated at One thing just like a machine. Target acquired.

Edited by loco_frags

5) Related with 4. See how autistic are UBER fast with calculations. We will NEVER be as fast as them. So how come they can use that processing power? Maybe because they are concentrated at One thing just like a machine. Target acquired.

Please, tell me you mean "some savant autistic people".

Now, food for thought: Can a living being ever fully comprehend itself? Is it within our capacity to completely understand how we ourselves work?

Waco, I am all for learning about how our brain works but given that we don't have access to other people's consciousness' it seems that the mind is not physical that is all I am saying.

If we eventually do gain access then I'll have to reassess my thinking on this issue.

Ok now I want us to shift our focus a bit by answering the following question:

Why do we punish people who do the wrong thing?

Because when we were less evolved and only had the pack mechanic as an advantage we couldn't allow others to sabotage the pack. Thus punishment. Of course, others would just say God did it and leave it at that.

Seems like a kinda odd question. First define wrong, is it something based on a man made set of rules, a religious set of rules, or just whatever goes against my point of view.

I guess the answer to your question is to stop them doing it again.

Ok so that we don't get into a debate on the nature of morality (which by the way is one of the most profound discussion we could have - but I'll rather stick to the topic at hand), I'll restate the question:

As people, are we held responsible for what we do? (Whether it be breaking our country's law or not)

Ok so that we don't get into a debate on the nature of morality (which by the way is one of the most profound discussion we could have - but I'll rather stick to the topic at hand), I'll restate the question:

As people, are we held responsible for what we do? (Whether it be breaking our country's law or not)

Held responsible by who? We should be held responsible, if you believe in a God then you know we will be held responsible, but on earth it seems to depend on who you are and where you live. (and how much money you have)

It seems that who ever you think is holding you responsible Speed, the answer to my question is yes.

My point is this:

If we don't have a soul as humans then it follows that our brains make up all that we are and govern our actions.

Brain activity, like all physical matter, is governed by cause and affect and thus if someone does something against the law then that person shouldn't be held accountable for his/her actions because they couldn't really control what they were doing - they were just following their brain's natural cause and effect patterns.

This means that it doesn't really make sense to praise people for doing good things nor does it make sense to punish those who do evil things.

The idea that the our mind is all physical appears to lead to strict determinism which is contradictory to the notion of free will.

What do you guys think?