Q6600/Asus P5NT-Deluxe questions.

Okay, spent about 4 hours last night messing with stuff on this board trying to achieve 3.0GHZ, I was unable to.

I need a full refresher course on overclocking.

Using the AI auto tuning tool, I can OC 15% with no issues and get into windows, upping it to the max (20%) causes me to have to reset the CMOS. (unplug all sata slots, leave all but one ram stick in, pull the cmos battery, wait 5 minutes, reboot disable the OC, and then reinstall all the bits)

I am aiming for 3.2ghz at this point.

I cannot figure this out, wracked my brain and google of course the only information about my Motherboard/CPU combo is some kid who figures it out and posts "i got it all sorted lol" without posting what he did, or how he did it. *RAGE!*

I will be able to post pictures of everything and I will be researching this all damn day.

Any help will be appreciated and I will be posting what I did and how I did it once I get everything stable.

Sick of running at stock and I want to go back to using at least 3.0

After everything I have read today I have come to this conclusion:

The asus board I have is horrid to overclock on, and I have no idea what I am doing.

My multiplier is set at 9

so I am aiming at setting the FSB to (360mhz*9) which should give me a clock of 3.2.

Setting my vcore at 1.3v and leaving everything else at auto...

Last time I tried this my board wouldnt post.

Edited by Fixedgeariain

Fixed,

Please post up all of your BIOS settings that pertain to overclocking and let me take a look at them. I'll dig back through my library of o/c notes (and I know I have some on your exact configuration). Surely we can get you up to 3.2Ghz.....................

Well I had a Q6600 and a ASUS mobo with the same OC you had at 15%. Which gave you 2.75Ghz right? I did try to get to 3GHz at the 20 percent OC and failed and had to reset my board. Just to let you know you can reset the cmos by just by pulling out the battery. You don't need to do all that other stuff. As for the 3.0 Ghz on the auto tune it is very hard to do. If you know how to OC without using it you could maybe get to 3 if your lucky. I don't think you could with a CM V6GT.

Fixed,

Please post up all of your BIOS settings that pertain to overclocking and let me take a look at them. I'll dig back through my library of o/c notes (and I know I have some on your exact configuration). Surely we can get you up to 3.2Ghz.....................

I will do that within the next hour (heading home from work)

Ill take a few screenshots of my setup and post em up here.

Thank you so much, the whole reason I wanna push it up is to support my dual 460GTX's I picked up.

Well I had a Q6600 and a ASUS mobo with the same OC you had at 15%. Which gave you 2.75Ghz right? I did try to get to 3GHz at the 20 percent OC and failed and had to reset my board. Just to let you know you can reset the cmos by just by pulling out the battery. You don't need to do all that other stuff. As for the 3.0 Ghz on the auto tune it is very hard to do. If you know how to OC without using it you could maybe get to 3 if your lucky. I don't think you could with a CM V6GT.

The AI overclock only pushes a little and is indiscriminate to the processor.

I've seen 3.2->4.0 on the V6GT before.

I had that board...your reading is right lol. That board is crap man (well all nvidia chipsets are really)

It didn't overclock my Q9450 a drop, actually ran unstable at stock clocks. Probably couldn't even handle a quad, dual core maaaybe

I had that board...your reading is right lol. That board is crap man (well all nvidia chipsets are really)

It didn't overclock my Q9450 a drop, actually ran unstable at stock clocks. Probably couldn't even handle a quad, dual core maaaybe

ugh, looks like I need to find another 775 motherboard...

fffff- I really dont wanna spend any more $ on my machine!

lol.

ugh, looks like I need to find another 775 motherboard...

fffff- I really dont wanna spend any more $ on my machine!

lol.

I'd switch platforms maybe, unless you can find a good price'd p45 and sli hack it. Just know nvidia chipets aren't good at all