Q6600/Asus P5NT-Deluxe questions.

I'd switch platforms maybe, unless you can find a good price'd p45 and sli hack it. Just know nvidia chipets aren't good at all

TBH: I've never had any issues with Nvidia.

I really think that's just your opinion?

Either way, it's possible to OC anything..just a matter of getting it right.

TBH: I've never had any issues with Nvidia.

I really think that's just your opinion?

Either way, it's possible to OC anything..just a matter of getting it right.

Nah man I had a 680i and a 780i board, they were baaaaaad news for OC'n. The 680i was running my E6600 ok but couldn't overclock, even my 975X board (which was a bad overclocker too) overclocked higher than it.

The 680i broke and then they sent me your board as an "upgrade" and saw that it was Q9450 capable, my dream chip. So I got that after flashing the bios to a capable one... I almost immediately upgraded to a p45 chipset after that, the 780i had so many issues.

Get the p45 if you intend to stick with 775, it's really an amazing chipset (or an X48 if you can find one cheap). They will overclock like a dream!

I'm not an nvidia hater, just don't like their chipsets. I always will stick with intel chipsets for intel and amd chipsets for amd. Seems to be a much better time this way.

Fixed -

The voltages and memory ratios you posted above look spot on - although I'd go ahead and skip cpu voltage at 1.4375 and go directly to 1.4500.

Make sure and disable all Spread Spectrum Features.

Change all of your voltages from Auto to the voltages shown in your table above.

In your advance memory timing settings change the values on the four primary timings from auto to those that are shown on your memory sticks. I've noticed that you are running both Corsair and G.Skill memory in tandem. That may be contributing to your problem. According to your sig you have 3GB of memory, so I'm assuming that 2GB of that memory is either Corsair or G.Skill. Keep whatever brand makes the 2Gb and remove the other stick for now.

FSB Memory Clock Mode change from "Auto" to "Linked".

You can start experimenting from here.

Fixed -

The voltages and memory ratios you posted above look spot on - although I'd go ahead and skip cpu voltage at 1.4375 and go directly to 1.4500.

Make sure and disable all Spread Spectrum Features.

Change all of your voltages from Auto to the voltages shown in your table above.

In your advance memory timing settings change the values on the four primary timings from auto to those that are shown on your memory sticks. I've noticed that you are running both Corsair and G.Skill memory in tandem. That may be contributing to your problem. According to your sig you have 3GB of memory, so I'm assuming that 2GB of that memory is either Corsair or G.Skill. Keep whatever brand makes the 2Gb and remove the other stick for now.

FSB Memory Clock Mode change from "Auto" to "Linked".

You can start experimenting from here.

i have 4 sticks of 800mhz memory, 2 of gskill 2 of corsair

I had that board...your reading is right lol. That board is crap man (well all nvidia chipsets are really)

It didn't overclock my Q9450 a drop, actually ran unstable at stock clocks. Probably couldn't even handle a quad, dual core maaaybe

Bah, don't be so quick to say that. Some of the nVidia boards are AWESOME. I remember getting my Q6700+780i combo for my first rig, and I got 4 ghz on my 3rd try. Only tweaked the ram and the cpu, and later on I managed 4.2 ghz with dry ice and alcohol (for the loop, not me :lol).

i have 4 sticks of 800mhz memory, 2 of gskill 2 of corsair

Are they both rated for the same voltage and speed? I tried using 2 different sets of memory, both rated about .5 volts apart, and it went horribly to say the least.

Edited by l33t p1mp