Best OC Software For GPU?

Ok guys, here is my problem, it started about 5 months ago, i have been overclocking my GPU (GTX 285) now and have realised that its just not working, when i use programs such as EVGA Precision & MSI Afterburner it will play fine no matter what i put it on, however after a bit it just stops... Then goes again at about 3fps. This doesnt go for all games only a few, i have checked in GPU-Z and realised my memory contorller is permenantly on 100% after the crash. I have used RiveTuner, however it is horrid and the latest one i can find it from 2009, that doesnt crash games but as i said i hate it, any thing else?

Thanks in advance, John.

Thanks, ive read it but think its only for ati / amd cards. Do you know if i would be correct? Im looking for nVidia.

Oh okay i never thought about that. Im not sure then, other than that the only other software I would use is MSI Afterburner. sorry for the no help

Oh okay i never thought about that. Im not sure then, other than that the only other software I would use is MSI Afterburner. sorry for the no help

HAHA, no help? Youve made it clear to me that you tried and if i ever get an ATI card, i know now what to use. Thanks anyway. Im trying out nvidias own tool now :)

Ok guys, here is my problem, it started about 5 months ago, i have been overclocking my GPU (GTX 285) now and have realised that its just not working, when i use programs such as EVGA Precision & MSI Afterburner it will play fine no matter what i put it on, however after a bit it just stops... Then goes again at about 3fps. This doesnt go for all games only a few, i have checked in GPU-Z and realised my memory contorller is permenantly on 100% after the crash. I have used RiveTuner, however it is horrid and the latest one i can find it from 2009, that doesnt crash games but as i said i hate it, any thing else?

Thanks in advance, John.

This means you have an unstable overclock... Not the applications problem, its the overclock itself. In order to get your OC more stable you will either need to dial back the OC or increase the voltage.

This means you have an unstable overclock... Not the applications problem, its the overclock itself. In order to get your OC more stable you will either need to dial back the OC or increase the voltage.

No im talking without oc and just with the program installed

No im talking without oc and just with the program installed

Thats really weird, never heard of this happening before... Are your video card drivers upto date? With the latest version of Afterburner(2.1)?

Sapphire Trixx sounds like a ghetto hooker's name lol.

I haven't used MSI Afterburner yet, but I will when I order my MSI GTX 580.

I've been using EVGA precision as a very basic OC/management tool for my GTX 260. I don't use fan profiles, I just keep it at 85%. It does what I need it to do.

I might start with Afterburner now that I have two GTX 260's. EVGA precision isn't going to cut it anymore.

Hmm, sounds like a driver may be damaged. Remove whatever OC tool you have, use driver sweeper and clear out the Old drivers for video and chipset, Replace them with the latest and greatest, Reinstall Evga or Msi's tool, they both work great, and go from there. This way we can determin if the issue exists on a hardware or software level. Then continue diagnostics.

But I agree the earlier statement that it sounds like the card is taking a crap.

BTW: stability test it using OCCT's video stability tester to get the highest stability possible. www.ocbase.comthumbsup3.gif