SandyBridge Overclocked Cooler?

Have overlocked my i5 2500k to 4.5 ghz- Intel cooler has idle temps of about 55 degrees celsius, load of about 85- 90. I am looking at replacement coolers, anyone have any suggestions for around £30- have looked at Gelid Tranquillo and Titan Fenrir Evo. Any help for a newbie would be much appreciated.

I wouldn't attempt any sort of overclock on the stock intel cooler, those temps are dangerous. You should try and keep it at a max of around 70c load

How about this

you could spend the extra fiver on another fan for it

I wouldn't attempt any sort of overclock on the stock intel cooler, those temps are dangerous. You should try and keep it at a max of around 70c load

How about this

you could spend the extra fiver on another fan for it

I hadn't thought of something like that- thanks for the suggestion. Btw, what kind of difference in temps will adding another fan cause?

The link was to a Titan Fenrir Evo- meant to be ane of the best but about a fiver more. A Hyper 212 with 2 fans vs Gelid Tranquillo stock? Come out at the same price but i've heard that the tranquillo has a mint heatsink and silent fan- what would you recommend.

I think, having read comparisons and reviews, that I may go with a Hyper 212 Plus and add an extra fan, however, I'm prone to changing my mind every 5 minutes, so any suggestions I would be grateful for! (Comparison) The Hyper 212 is at 16.9c

Edited by AllCoresHot