World of Tanks

WhenKittensATK

Awesome game....I can't stop playing it. Once you hit tier 5 it really starts getting fun! Match I had last night, just rolled the whole other team.....sometimes rocking the KV with the 107 doesn't even feel fair....like a 15 year old holding the head of a 10 year old while he swings his arms around in an effort to hit the 15 year old....arms, can't, reach...lol

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010199505/screenshot/541766829694782921?tab=public

According to the devs if its a Russian tank its not OP :D

Edited by Krazyxazn

I need to get back into this. I kinda stopped a few weeks before launch, and I only have gotten to tier 2...3? I don't know. I'm pissed that the economy is so heavily gold based, if I want to make a platoon with buddies, I shouldn't have to pay for that right.

Anyone reading this have any experience with the Russian A-20... pros and cons?

Once upgraded it's definitely one of, if not the best scouts in the game. Faster than sin, and maneuvers well with a 100% crew.

Once upgraded it's definitely one of, if not the best scouts in the game. Faster than sin, and maneuvers well with a 100% crew.

I like playing with the T-46 with either the 45 mm VT-42 or 76 mm L-10. That 76 mm L-10 packs a big punch but at only 15 rounds a minuet I've been caught with my pants down a lot::whistling:: loading... loading :doh:

According to the devs if its a Russian tank its not OP :D

Haha....yeah if you are the top tank in the KV it really isn't even fair. Also if you are on the bottom or middle the KV can still hold its own as the 107 has almost identical stats with some of the top guns 4 tiers above it, it just has less armor. I've taken down numerous Tigers, IS's, ect with the KIV one on one. If you are patient you really can take all comers in this thing.

ahaha I hear ya... I am off work today, you going to be online tonight?

Yeah I will be on there when I get home around 5:30 CST.

Also to any other forum member I have a premium account (I won a contest) so hit me up on steam or vent if you want to tag along, just an open invitation.

I need to get back into this. I kinda stopped a few weeks before launch, and I only have gotten to tier 2...3? I don't know. I'm pissed that the economy is so heavily gold based, if I want to make a platoon with buddies, I shouldn't have to pay for that right.

I did the EXACT same thing, I hung up the mitts about 3-4 weeks before full release and picked them up again right when the game launched...it was a nice break and I actually had quite an advantage knowing what to buy for upgrades in what order. Upgrade path is very important in this game if you want to level quickly. Buying extra guns that go unused is a huge waste of resources. Figure out what you want before you make a purchase. 99.99% of the time you want to go with the gun that has the better penetration, you can reload as fast as you want or have a massive damage per shot but none of that matters if all your rounds are just deflected....

Anyone reading this have any experience with the Russian A-20... pros and cons?

The A-20's are fantastic recon tanks and can hold their own when upgraded. However they require an extremely skilled player when you start hopping in rounds with the big dogs (KV's, KV3's, SU-85's, Hertzers, ect). Remember you get points for spotting enemy vehicles and exploring, you don't always have to go on a killing rampage to get points, staying alive will net you the most points in this game.

World of Tanks has prepared great gifts to its players for V-E Day!

May 8 is Victory in Europe Day, one of the most important memorable dates related to World War II, celebrated throughout the world. This day is remarkable for all people as it brings us back to World War II actions and commemorates the heroic deeds of all the people who struggled against the Nazi regime.

World of Tanks is about WW II tanks, so this makes this date a highly respected and significant one for all members of World of Tanks.

Thus, World of Tanks has prepared terrific gifts for its players on those days!

May 7th-10th (between the two maintenance downtimes scheduled for these days), World of Tanks Warriors will have the opportunity to buy additional equipment for their vehicles at a 50% discount. In addition, the experience for the first victory of the day will be multiplied by 5 times instead of being doubled as is the normal case!

On top of all this, on May 7th-10th each player will have the opportunity to buy 3 days of Premium account for 250 in-game gold. Don't miss the chance to enhance your progression and pump your vehicles up!

By the way, you have a great chance to get the enormous heap of gold! Make your Clan Parade video or participate in the Elbe Day contest!

Stay tuned and get prepared for World of Tanks surprises!

Edited by Krazyxazn

Unlocked the 85mm F-30 cannon for the T-28 and didn't really like it all that much. Found it to be way to inaccurate for my playstyle. Most of my engagements are 400-450 meters. Just didn't have the accuracy.

Bought the 57mm ZiS-4 cannon and now I'm engaging targets with ease 550 meters out. Although I do lose some damage and penetration, but the fire rate and accuracy totally make up for it. Highly recommend it over the 85mm for the T-28 and its cheaper in overall ammo, credits unlock, and tech tree unlock.

===============

Today they gave away 5 rations for each country. You can resale them for 10k credits each totaling up to 150k credits free :D

===============

85mm with HE rounds (Solo two KVs killed 1, got the other to 26% before his turret finally caught me)

Victory!

Battle: Ensk Sunday, May 08, 2011 11:22:11 AM

Vehicle: T-28

Received Experience: 902, credits: 15,333

Edited by Krazyxazn