yup, im in the good ol' USofA. I dont really want to "hack" the mobo. I just figured that i should stay with an AMD GPU, since i have an AMD cpu, that way i can get the most out of AMD's technologies.

The combination of AMD CPUs with AMD GPUs doesn't mean you will get the most out of AMD technologies - that's a common myth. An nVidea GPU will run just as well as a AMD GPU.

However there are some boards, like yours, which don't have native SLI support, meaning that without the hack, you can't really employ SLI technology.

If you don't want to hack your board then this would be a valid reason to get an AMD GPU - not the fact that you have a AMD CPU :)

Edited by Alexandre

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yer i made that mistake.,. i moved from nvidia to ati so i could gain all the performance i could.. total fail lol

but im back with nvidia, and finding suitable hack drivers isnt as easy as i thought.. although i dont really want to move to an nvidia chipset coz they suck balls..

lol, alexandre i was actually going to ask if that was actually true or not, its like u read my mind :blink: ive had older nvidia cards that worked great(fx5200ep,6600). as far as new cards ive only owned this 5770, wich is awsome for the price. so any thoughts about the 5770xfire vs single 6950 or 6970??

lol, alexandre i was actually going to ask if that was actually true or not, its like u read my mind :blink: ive had older nvidia cards that worked great(fx5200ep,6600). as far as new cards ive only owned this 5770, wich is awsome for the price. so any thoughts about the 5770xfire vs single 6950 or 6970??

It would be some what less,since 2x5770 = 5870 ,the 6970,6950 perform better than the 5870.

Haha :lol:

You should have asked for a source like I suggested you ask you mate earlier on in this thread - because I don't have a source and am probably parroting something I heard as well.... :lol:

I'm guessing you mean the 2gb version of the 6950?

Yea, meant the 6950 2gb,the 1gb one also performs almost the same as the 2gb,but when the res aa and af kicks in the 1gb performs lower than the 2gb.i would get the 6970 2gb and oc it to get good performance on eyefinity.

WOW...... so i guess i failed already :pfp: lol.. so rite now im leaning towards the 6950 or 6970. not sure what brand yet, thinking about another XFX, but id like to try a diff brand.

Asus or MSI if you ask me. Both make great stuff. Asus is my preferred manufacture for anything computer related though.

WOW...... so i guess i failed already :pfp: lol.. so rite now im leaning towards the 6950 or 6970. not sure what brand yet, thinking about another XFX, but id like to try a diff brand.

You do know you can bios flash the 6950 2gb to make perform like a 6970?

Edited by Alexandre