Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H and AMD X6 overclocking

Black64

• 2 weeks later...

Alright i will try it

hey there i have the

GA-890GPA-UD3H and AMD Phenom II X6 1090T cept my mobo rev is 2.1 and im trying to get to 3.7-4.0 ghz and my memory is Patriot Sector 5 pc12800 8 Gbs was your oc with this model successful? pm me or reply either way

its not that old.. its an AM3 board still.. probably just as old as the one i have no.. 2years atmost i reckon.. not that it even matters.. it still overclocks like a champ.. a guy on the 1055t forums got his to 328mhz fsb and 4.59ghz on the cpu.. so he shouldnt have any problems getting to 4ghz with just a multi

of course it matters

if you buy a processor that was released AFTER the motherboard was obviously the motherboard may not support it

the first thing you ALWAYS do when installing a new CPU into an old motherboard is update the bios beforehand

it doesnt matter what any 'overclocking' settings he enters if the damn thing cant even identify the chip

it is a fine board though, I have a similar model

edit:

if his revision is 2.1 then there have been 4 bios revisions already

he needs to update the CPU AGESA

Edited by potatochobit

ok so ur saying the AM3 motherboard was released AFTER the AM3 cpu??? right... all the info ive found show the mother being released last year... the cpu was released the year before.. in 2009.. so like i said.. no it doesnt matter...

if it was an am3 cpu going into an am2+ motherboard id understand.. but that motherboard is newer than the cpu and it supports that cpu from the word get go so no, the problem isnt the mobo.