Wow...never thought this would happen!!!

Waco

Well if once you know it has arrived at DFI if you give them a call and bug them a few times they will speed things up for you. I spoke with a lady named Suzie when I RMA'd mine but most of the talking was because they sent me a dud the 1st time around. She took good care of me though as far as getting the new one out to me fast.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IT LIVES!

I'll get some pictures up later (I had new parts on the way when it died). No overclocking just yet, Windows system image restore managed to restore itself to one of my backup drives instead of to the SSD RAID array. :rolleyes: I'm in the process of recovering all my files (which is going to take a few hours...have to scan the drive sector by sector...) from the other backup drive (they were in RAID 1) which Windows conveniently decided to frickin' format. :dunno:

Thanks to usaweapon777 for the MSI P45 Neo3-FR board he sold me - thankfully my CPU lived through the fire. :D Wonder if it'll get my Q6600 higher than 3.5 GHz? :P

Edited by Waco

Now push that Q6600 even harder, clearly you were too easy on your old board...

I think it got damaged a bit with the fire...it'll do 3.5 GHz but only with another 50 mV more than before. :blush:

That's the odd thing - they essentially had six 38mm Nidec Beta V fans blowing right across them. There's no reason they should have gotten any hotter than with any other cooling setup. :dunno:

That is really weird, this whole thread honestly.

I have only heard of a handful of motherboard fires.

Just a side note Nidec makes really good fans. They used to put them in the Dell E510-E521's and everytime I go to the dump or back to my computer sense it seems like they have one that I can take. I have 3 of em so far :D

Hmm...still dialing it in I guess. I think my CPU took a little damage when the motherboard blew. More voltage to run the same speed...and it runs hotter at lower speeds and vcore than ever before.

Hmm...still dialing it in I guess. I think my CPU took a little damage when the motherboard blew. More voltage to run the same speed...and it runs hotter at lower speeds and vcore than ever before.

sounds right when moving from a DFI to a MSI or another board....