Wow...never thought this would happen!!!

Waco

I was in the middle of running IntelBurnTest to verify my prior OC settings (I was messing with testing my max memory frequency)...and I see a flash, hear a pop, and the next thing I know my damn motherboard is ON FIRE! :whoa:

It shut down when it popped - looks like the some of the power FETs on the top edge of the board blew out completely...which is odd considering the power circuitry was reporting temperatures in the mid 60 C range. :blink:

I'll get some pics up in a little bit. This is my first non-intentional failure due to overclocking (blowing up crappy CPUs doesn't count :P). The board in question is nearly 3 years old (purchased mid-2008)...but still...never expected this to happen! If I wasn't home when this had happened my whole place could have gone up! It kept trying to turn back on until I ripped the power cord out of the PSU. I'm not sure why I didn't jump to do that right when it happened but I wasn't exactly expecting a damn fire breaking out in my case. :wacko:

Edited by Waco

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow that sucks man. Nearly 3 years old means it is still under DFI warranty though I believe? Get a new one! :)

I was under the impression that it was under a 1-year warranty. Guess I'll send them an e-mail.

At least Waco made the customer service peoples at coolermaster get me my case ON TIME!!!! hahahahahahaha.... those liers!! Said they shipped it yesterday and that I'd have a tracking number yesterday evening. Today no tracking number -- hours of failing to connect to live support chat thingy and then it connects. They try to tell me it will be labeled tonight and ship out tomorrow --- NO! It was supposed to be here for the weekend, ME WANT FUN!!!!

So yay, Waco, being smarter than BluePanda, CALLS the people... wow novel idear! And guess what -- they like him so much they promise to send it out within the next hour on 3Day UPS shipping -- and guess who received a tracking number for such less than an hour later...

So YAY for Waco... BOO for Waco's MOBO.