The MCP655 just broke

ir_cow

my computer was losing alot of water today and i was thinking because of high Vid OC and CPU maybe it was just evaporating, than i noticed the water drop sharply within minutes. i thought to myself, oh no a tube broke. i checked inside and found nothing expect for a puddle on the bottom of the case. i double checked everything and found nothing wrong. it was really odd so i checked the hardest thing to see which was the pump. it had rust on the bottom and a steady drip coming from it.

so my guess is the O-Ring went bad even though i barely hit 500 hours of the 50,0000 "lifespan" anyone know how i can fix this or some warranty i missed on Swifttech website.

edit: i'm pretty sure even if i fix it i'm going to sell off my watercooling parts, way to much hassle for the performance gain.

Edited by hornybluecow

what screw? it seems the whole back is screwless and the front is just to hold it to the bar. thanks for the RMA link, i'm gonna send it back and meanwhile sell off my watercooling.

my computer was losing alot of water today and i was thinking because of high Vid OC and CPU maybe it was just evaporating, than i noticed the water drop sharply within minutes. i thought to myself, oh no a tube broke. i checked inside and found nothing expect for a puddle on the bottom of the case. i double checked everything and found nothing wrong. it was really odd so i checked the hardest thing to see which was the pump. it had rust on the bottom and a steady drip coming from it.

so my guess is the O-Ring went bad even though i barely hit 500 hours of the 50,0000 "lifespan" anyone know how i can fix this or some warranty i missed on Swifttech website.

edit: i'm pretty sure even if i fix it i'm going to sell off my watercooling parts, way to much hassle for the performance gain.

how does something evap in a closed system

how does something evap in a closed system

Then why does a vehicle loose coolant/water naturally but the coolant freeze point or PH level stay roughly the same? Well quiet frankly the water evaporates and gets blown out of the cap when the pressure gets too high. Water that is heated and cooled repeatedly for any period of time will eventually evaporate into the atmosphere. Just because its in a closed system does not mean it will condense back to Liquid form.