Dark Souls

WhenKittensATK

They should release both to the PC regardless. Oh well, may not matter...

:withstupid:

I hate to pick on Steam ...especially since it is the only one I allow on my system (removed Origin), but I been saying this since Steam. I like to keep things simple and clean. I don't want additional software in addition to the software I am putting on there. That is why I am ok with Bnet 2.0. I can log in and keep all my games in a library but i don't need software to do it as it is all server side.

Will definitely have to pass up on the PC version and just borrow the PS3 version from my friend ...since this generation of consoles still allows it. :P

So because B.Net installs with a game, whereas Steam and others install separate from a game, that makes B.Net okay in your book? It's basically the same thing.

I wish Dark Souls was on Steam with Steamworks, rather than GFWL, but the latter won't stop me from getting it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Dark Souls was on Steam with Steamworks, rather than GFWL, but the latter won't stop me from getting it.

Pretty much the same for me. Why Microsoft has to force their crappy console interface on us I don't know why. You'd think they would be smarter when it comes to PC gaming considering they make most of their money on...*gasp*...PCs.

So because B.Net installs with a game, whereas Steam and others install separate from a game, that makes B.Net okay in your book? It's basically the same thing.

Actually you are correct and I retract my statement. I don't like the fact I have to log into anything just to play a game. I miss the days of clicking on the icon (start menu/desktop) and going straight into the game.

I have a feeling the majority out there feel the same way Coors, DM and I do... and its a shame such a great game will get shunned simply because some suit thought GFWL would be a great idea.

I have a feeling the majority out there feel the same way Coors, DM and I do... and its a shame such a great game will get shunned simply because some suit thought GFWL would be a great idea.

While I'm not sure you guys would be in the majority, I do fully recognize that there are quite a few people that feel that same and will not buy the game simply because of GFWL. I definitely think it's a huge mistake for Namco Bandai to choose GFWL over Steam with Steamworks, but I also realize that porting to GFWL from the Xbox 360 is a lot easier than porting to Steamworks. I personally think that if they announced a delay in the game, with the reason being they decided to switch to Steam, most PC gamers would not merely accept that, but actually embrace it. But with a little less than two months away, I don't see that happening.

Maybe GFWL was a great idea, it was just horribly implemented :lol:

Just be happy you even get to play the dang game. Demon's Souls had such low sales in the NA, its a wonder they even localized Dark Souls.

Thats like telling a prison b**** to just be happy he gets to have s**. Who cares if he doesn't like it right? :rolleyes:

We're also not forced to just be happy to play the game. It's not like they're doing us a favor letting us pay them money for their game with a crappy UI (which is forced if you want to play the game...)

We're also not forced to just be happy to play the game. It's not like they're doing us a favor letting us pay them money for their game with a crappy UI (which is forced if you want to play the game...)

Their UI is fine. Go somewhere else if you hate this game so much. You didn't care about this game then, why now?

Edited by AZNguyen