The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

I've never liked EA's download rules i remember buying the BC2 vietnam expansion and there were a whole bunch of terms used like you only could download for a period of 12 months , limited number of downloads etc. none of that with steam unless the game itself has activation restricitons

EA's pretty bad about stuff like that too, it's one of my biggest problems with Origin actually. Specifically...

If you have not used your Entitlements or Account for twenty four (24) months or more and your Account has associated Entitlements, your Entitlements will expire and your Account may be cancelled for non-use.

Source for that quote for anyone interested.

I know that's not a big deal to some people and I'm fine with that, but personally I don't like the idea that they would ever even feel the need to do that sort of thing. Seems to me like if a smaller company like Valve can manage to store millions of accounts without that kind of rule, then EA shouldn't really have any trouble with it, I don't think they're going to run out of space of their servers or anything, the rule is simply for the sake of money grabbing in my opinion. Like I said, it probably doesn't bother most people because it probably doesn't affect anyone realistically speaking, I know that if I got BF3 then I probably wouldn't even come close to that timeline of absence, but for me it shows lack of customer care.

Now that looks more like BF2 :D BF3 is now back on my day one purchase list. Bomb defusal robot :D

I feel so bad for RO2, its going to get pushed under the rug :(

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Fact Sheet Confirms Weapons, Vehicles, 9 MP Maps (Hope my list inspired them to do this :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfaiWmyPwuU

Edited by Krazyxazn

Well it all looks pretty darn awesome, my only complaints would probably be the lack of water vehicles, I think it would make the game much more interesting if there were some water warfare. I also dislike claymores, they always get me. :( I think they're going to be especially annoying in a game with vegetation like BF has.

Edited by Deathmineral

What is Commo Rose?

8042686430922_commo_rose.png

A preset of voiceover commands. The only pro way to do spotting, versus spamming Q until something highlights :P

If you try to spam spotting in BF2, all you're going to get is a bunch of question marks icons all over your map lol.

Edited by Krazyxazn