Updated Official Y-Cruncher Benchmark Thread

Andrewr05

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why to return to newegg?

Her board just can't handle it - even at stock the VRMs get dangerously hot when loaded down. I looked up the actual power capabilities of the board and it's essentially built to handle 95 watt CPUs maximum with any sort of reliability. :mfp: We can't afford to jump for another motherboard and set of DDR3 to actually push it so back it's going. Thankfully Newegg is letting us return it, no fees, free shipping, etc. She picked up yuridude's X3 720 to mess with instead (hopefully it'll unlock stably). With that one we'll have 3 720s in the house. :lol:

I just put the X6 through it's paces with Quadfire 4870X2s before we send it back though - 4 GHz is 100% stable at 1.55 volts. I'll put up a thread in a bit with the results. :cheers:

Why to return to newegg?

My board can't run it even at stock. Thought we were going to have another Waco fire when I smelled the board heat up a bit...

Apparently he posted while I was? Thanks hun... so yea :withstupid:

Edited by BluePanda

UPDATED

I saw the 800Mhz on your screen shot Panda and had to do a double take, it took me a seconds to realize it must have been idling when you ran the test.

:pfp:

Her board just can't handle it - even at stock the VRMs get dangerously hot when loaded down. I looked up the actual power capabilities of the board and it's essentially built to handle 95 watt CPUs maximum with any sort of reliability. :mfp: We can't afford to jump for another motherboard and set of DDR3 to actually push it so back it's going. Thankfully Newegg is letting us return it, no fees, free shipping, etc. She picked up yuridude's X3 720 to mess with instead (hopefully it'll unlock stably). With that one we'll have 3 720s in the house. :lol:

I just put the X6 through it's paces with Quadfire 4870X2s before we send it back though - 4 GHz is 100% stable at 1.55 volts. I'll put up a thread in a bit with the results. :cheers:

My board can't run it even at stock. Thought we were going to have another Waco fire when I smelled the board heat up a bit...

Apparently he posted while I was? Thanks hun... so yea :withstupid:

Oh poop then... That really sucks, glad you guys got a good deal on another tri-core then! Otherwise might have been a bit quick on the sale of your socket 775 stuff, Lol.

Thats too bad about your board. I guess maybe just waiting for bulldozer is a good idea sitting on a nice tri-core.

YAY, im still #4 in this benchmark, I approve!teehee.gif