4 ghz reached on Q9450!

Onion

I just reached 4 ghz on my Q9450, and it might be stable enough for 24/7! This new ram is awesome! Stock on it is 5-5-5-12 800, now I'm running 5-5-5-15 1000, 1:1 with my fsb.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1609924

4ghz.png

New goal is 4.2 ghz, even though I won't be able to run that 24/7, it's way too hot in miami for that kind of speed. :( How much can these 45 nm quads take heat-wise? I'm going to squeeze every last mhz out of it! :woot:

Edited by l33t p1mp

Damn, 4 ghz wall. :mellow: It won't even get past the windows splash screen no matter how much juice I give it, and I already know its not the ram. There goes my fun... :unsure:

Edited by l33t p1mp

Damn, 4 ghz wall. :mellow: It won't even get past the windows splash screen no matter how much juice I give it, and I already know its not the ram. There goes my fun... :unsure:

Mine did :P .....or used to, since my board was sent in for RMA and they wiped my profiles, I haven't been able to hit 4.0ghz

Mine did :P .....or used to, since my board was sent in for RMA and they wiped my profiles, I haven't been able to hit 4.0ghz

Dont you write things down? I write down everything i try and its results.

Dont you write things down? I write down everything i try and its results.

well most everything was auto actually except a few things but those settings dont work this time :huh:

It's definitely my same board though, I marked it ;)

Get that stable Leet and it will be nice for the Forum Wars :thumbsup: Or at least stable enough to run the benchmarks ;)

I'm re-doing my whole wc setup etc, and getting some better fans. I'm buying 4 yate loons rated at 88 cfm and 40 dba for use with my fan controller. I'm sure it'll be able to take more vcore and be stable enough for forum warz 2011, I just have to hope for a cold front that day. :happy: I've been running 3.6 ghz for the past few days, and it's pretty stable. My ram may have been holding my back, I was using my 800 mhz sticks, now I'm using my 1066 mhz ones @ 1080 5-5-5-15. The only setting higher than that is 1200, which is way to high, I can't even boot windows with them that high. :(

Btw, everyone has different answers for this. What's the most VCore I can give my chip for 24/7 use and stay safe? And what's the highest safe I can give it when benching for a few hours? :wacko:

Edited by l33t p1mp

I'm re-doing my whole wc setup etc, and getting some better fans. I'm buying 4 yate loons rated at 88 cfm and 40 dba for use with my fan controller. I'm sure it'll be able to take more vcore and be stable enough for forum warz 2011, I just have to hope for a cold front that day. :happy: I've been running 3.6 ghz for the past few days, and it's pretty stable. My ram may have been holding my back, I was using my 800 mhz sticks, now I'm using my 1066 mhz ones @ 1080 5-5-5-15. The only setting higher than that is 1200, which is way to high, I can't even boot windows with them that high. :(

Btw, everyone has different answers for this. What's the most VCore I can give my chip for 24/7 use and stay safe? And what's the highest safe I can give it when benching for a few hours? :wacko:

I personally run as high as cooling can take me