• Arctic Silver 5
    • Ceramique
    • Arctic cooling MX-1
    • Chill Factor 3

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i dont have a meat locker for a room but i do have my computer ducted to my window. I live in northern Indiana... checking weather channel, right now its 31f outside. i had my cpu clocked up to 4.7 doing benches on 3dmark11 and heaven. by the way went with tx-4 and without ducting my computer to the outside temp have been very nice.

heres a little eye candy for everyone

what started the hole themal past post... redoing my computer

7c4716b9.jpg

and temps

temps1.png

:lol:

Nyt do you use rubber gloves when you do this? I ask because if not then you risk adding human oil/dirt from you hand into the equation! Even if you scrub like crazy before you do this, you can't make this go away completely! A long time ago I used to do use a similiar method with my fingers and spreading it onto the surface, until I read an article about not using your bare hands, and using a rubber glove instead. After I read the article, it made perfect sense, and i have since never used a bare finger to spread paste. Actually with the heat that the i7 produces I don't use a finger anymore at all. With AMD they just run so much cooler, so I'm sure the margin of error is not near as small ;)

I use rubber gloves , I havent used my bare finger ever because I thought that thermal paste is poisonous and I dont want to accidently die lol

But it makes sense that there can be oil and dirt .

Well the current and heavily disputed champ would have to be Gelid GC Extreme but I could have missed a new paste pretty easily.

I use rubber gloves , I havent used my bare finger ever because I thought that thermal paste is poisonous and I dont want to accidently die lol

But it makes sense that there can be oil and dirt .

O.o... well if thermal paste was bad enough to kill ya I would open the hood of a car if I were you. It is better to keep oils and dirt off of your CPU so good work I suppose.

Don't let the medical shoes on TV scare you, the human body is incredibly resilient and honestly the more you try to keep yourself from getting sick the more likely you are to get sick from lack of immunities. I know immunities have nothing to do with chemicals I know but the is a lot to be said for not being that scared of things.

Thing to watch out for: Heavy Metals, acids and bases, thin fuels such as gasoline and diesle rather than thick grease. Grease is still bad for you but not like Gasoline. Anyways what I am trying to say is go get dirty, you are too young to be so damn clean. /rand

Sorry being so clean and worried about your health is unnatural and weird to me Nyt. Different cultures though, I am a hick from Northern Minnesota and I honestly live in a very harsh and diverse environment. I also said I was a hick (a hick is not a very refined individual who likes to go out and be stupid and just be silly honestly) and as far as I can tell you are a bit different. I would actually like to pm you as you are a very interesting person to me.