Help, Bought 2 cooling fans, and things got worse?

ticktock

My parents have a very similar case, the GZ-X2, albeit with a MUCH older internal setup (Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 754 @2.2Ghz, Radeon 7500 AGP4x 64mb, 2gb's DDR400) And I use the stock gigabyte 120mm as a front intake and a higher flowing Antec 80mm as a side intake, and a 120mm Coolermaster as a rear exhaust.

The Coolermaster V8 won't fit in your case, there's less than a quarter inch between it and the side panel of my 1200, keeps my 965 @ 4.2GHz at a nice 35.c idle though and the highest I've seen it hit was 50.c (which is actually slightly cooler than my old Athlon 4000+ @2.98GHz with a Xigmatek HDTS1283)

Definitely recommend the V8 if you get a new case, and try an 80mm intake fan for now

It is blowing more air now because of the unobstructed air coming from the side panel right? the cfm has gotten better because the rear exhaust is not stealing air from my hsf anymore, correct?

I ask though that when monitoring how many days or hours do I need in between two temperature measurements?

It is blowing more air now because of the way the fan is constructed. See the fan laws.

The time to wait between measurements is definitely not days. It is hard to say you must wait a certain time, the only way to know is to see when the temperature stabilizes.

putting all these fans on your case is total nonsense until you have purchased an aftermarket cooler

as long as your case has an in and out that is fine until you take care of the fundamental problem

putting all these fans on your case is total nonsense until you have purchased an aftermarket cooler

as long as your case has an in and out that is fine until you take care of the fundamental problem

Thanks for putting a damper on all the work he has done in the past. It was not a waste IMHO. Though I agree with you and andrew from what I saw. If he wants any performance at all then he will install an aftermarket CPU cooler.

I would get a decent 120mm tower fan cooler. We have many reviews out for coolers at this time. take a gander at the coolers OCC has reviewed this year and last and choose one that fits you the best.

My parents have a very similar case, the GZ-X2, albeit with a MUCH older internal setup (Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 754 @2.2Ghz, Radeon 7500 AGP4x 64mb, 2gb's DDR400) And I use the stock gigabyte 120mm as a front intake and a higher flowing Antec 80mm as a side intake, and a 120mm Coolermaster as a rear exhaust.

The Coolermaster V8 won't fit in your case, there's less than a quarter inch between it and the side panel of my 1200, keeps my 965 @ 4.2GHz at a nice 35.c idle though and the highest I've seen it hit was 50.c (which is actually slightly cooler than my old Athlon 4000+ @2.98GHz with a Xigmatek HDTS1283)

Definitely recommend the V8 if you get a new case, and try an 80mm intake fan for now

Thanks for the recommendation, I am still comparing the v8 with a frio though, heard a lot of fantastic things about it.

It is blowing more air now because of the way the fan is constructed. See the fan laws.

The time to wait between measurements is definitely not days. It is hard to say you must wait a certain time, the only way to know is to see when the temperature stabilizes.

Ah I see, thanks.

By saying construction, you refer to the orientation of the fans in the case? and the total airflow it circulates in the case? sorry for asking such noob questions :(

Thanks for putting a damper on all the work he has done in the past. It was not a waste IMHO. Though I agree with you and andrew from what I saw. If he wants any performance at all then he will install an aftermarket CPU cooler.

I would get a decent 120mm tower fan cooler. We have many reviews out for coolers at this time. take a gander at the coolers OCC has reviewed this year and last and choose one that fits you the best.

Thanks for the suggestion, I do intend to purchase a aftermarket cooler, but I first still need to purchase a new case before that, but I am kinda having trouble finding a good case for em though..

cut open a 120mm sized hole in the front of the machine and let that thing breathe. I bet the fans running are actually making more heat from their motors and the case is negative pressure so the cheesy little cooler on the CPU has very little to move across it's fins.

Thanks for the suggestion, I do intend to purchase a aftermarket cooler, but I first still need to purchase a new case before that, but I am kinda having trouble finding a good case for em though..

Maybe you could just do what I did with that case...give it to someone else and buy a LanLi Lancool K62 case for about $100-$140 (depending where you live - its $140 here in Australia because of import tax :( )

It's an awesome case with good airflow, plenty of room to hide wires and place components and its tool-less technology is top notch. I haven't looked back since I got it a month ago.

cut open a 120mm sized hole in the front of the machine and let that thing breathe. I bet the fans running are actually making more heat from their motors and the case is negative pressure so the cheesy little cooler on the CPU has very little to move across it's fins.

I think I'll just install a new 80mm fan for the mean time since I don't know yet how to cut a hole unto my casing :/

Maybe you could just do what I did with that case...give it to someone else and buy a LanLi Lancool K62 case for about $100-$140 (depending where you live - its $140 here in Australia because of import tax :( )

It's an awesome case with good airflow, plenty of room to hide wires and place components and its tool-less technology is top notch. I haven't looked back since I got it a month ago.

Been considering that liancool kasing too as part of my options, been looking at a aerocool rs-9 devil red too but idk if that case has been released in the western market so yeah idk if you guys heard of it.

anyways, thanks for all the help guys, learned a lot from this thread!