Need help for WC parts

Nyt

I've actually decided to not get the GTX580.

I miraculously got my old 5970 to work , the Accelero was the problem . Now I plan to wc with the same parts listed earlier just with a 5970 waterblock

Cool! How did you fix it?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the Accelero Xtreme off, reaplied thermal paste and mount back the stock cooler and it works great !

What have you learned?

I am very happy for you but if you don't mind me asking what does your dad do for a living? O.o You guys are stacked money wise, if my dad could blow that kind of money on me I would be spoiled rotten.

Don't get me wrong you seem like a nice guy but your $1500 dollar gaming rig seems a bit much for a 15 year old. /end rant

So all this considered I think that chances are the giant cooler you put on your 5970 eventually lead to the PCI slot bending and not allowing it to work properly and this was solved when you put the stock cooler back on. My question for you is do you really want to put on another after market cooling solution onto your video card? The water block will be much easier on the card but there is also a risk of the loop springing a leak and taking down more than just a video card.

What have you learned?

I am very happy for you but if you don't mind me asking what does your dad do for a living? O.o You guys are stacked money wise, if my dad could blow that kind of money on me I would be spoiled rotten.

Don't get me wrong you seem like a nice guy but your $1500 dollar gaming rig seems a bit much for a 15 year old. /end rant

So all this considered I think that chances are the giant cooler you put on your 5970 eventually lead to the PCI slot bending and not allowing it to work properly and this was solved when you put the stock cooler back on. My question for you is do you really want to put on another after market cooling solution onto your video card? The water block will be much easier on the card but there is also a risk of the loop springing a leak and taking down more than just a video card.

My dad is a manager of 2 platinum analysing departments in Lonmin Platinum.

Lol, I know I am very spoiled . But my Dad beleives if you work hard you get rewarded . I work hard to be close to the top of my grade in academics at my school and because of that , he rewards me with pc parts.

Yeah , I think I should just keep the stock coolers on. I dont want another problem with aftermarket cooling .

Do you guys think it would be good if I splash the cash out on an ASUS GTX580 and an OCZ Vertex 2 90gb or 120gb SSD for OS and my 1tb Caviar Black 6gbps for storage and for older game storage ?

Did you read the thread "PC Leaked, Wont Go into Post" it contains an accident which did not restart imediatly after. Something similar to the 5970 not restarting quickly. Interesting. How did the paste look? My guess it was still as original.

Did you read the thread "PC Leaked, Wont Go into Post" it contains an accident which did not restart imediatly after. Something similar to the 5970 not restarting quickly. Interesting. How did the paste look? My guess it was still as original.

The paste was enough but I repplied it the second time around since AC put way too much paste on it ! The old ASUS thermal paste was all chunky and overflowing over the cores