Need help for WC parts

Nyt

Hey guys,

I've decided that I must finally get water cooling . I need you help with the exact parts I'll need like pump, res, rad, blocks, tubing, coolant, dyes, clamps, barbs , etc

Im getting all the stuff from Performance PC since they have the biggest selection that can ship to South Africa

I'd be looking to cool the cpu and gpu atm . Maybe motherboard and hdd's in the future . I have an AMD 1090t and will get a GTX580 in my HAF932 case .

I need your help guys with the exact amount of stuff I need

Thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Nyt, first thing's first.

1. You're keeping the H70, correct? That's fine, then you can just get a 120.3 rad to cool your GPU, which will fit inside the top of your Haf 932.

2. Eventually, if you wanted to cool your CPU with your 120.3 rad, you can get the Swiftech Apogee-XT CPU water block. Any 120.3 radiator is fine (Swiftech, Danger Den, EK, etc), just choose which one will fit inside your Haf 932 - though most any of them will.

3. To cool your GTX 580, I'd suggest a full cover water block. EK is fine. You'll need to do some research once you pick out the type of GTX 580 you want, then whether a full cover GTX 580 water block will fit.

4. Your barbs will want to be 1/2", your tubes will want to be 1/2" Inner Diameter with 3/4" Outer Diameter. I use PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Tubing with PrimoChill UV Anti-Kink Coils (3/4 inch). Anti-Kink Coils are a necessity for tubing your GPU water block.

5. The Swiftech MCP 655-B is a good pump, but others will work (only recommending since I use Swiftech more than other brands).

6. I use the XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir for Laing D5 (Fits Swiftech 655/655-B), but that may not be for you as the Haf 932 won't be able to fit inside the a dual 5.25" bays.

7. Coolant, use PC Performance Ice. DO NOT USE DYES!

8. For clamps, I go to the hardware store, but use Worm Drive Clamps (or Hose Clamps), since they're thin enough to get between the GPU and CPU barbs... they're just a classy lady to screw in.

1. You're keeping the H70, correct? That's fine, then you can just get a 120.3 rad to cool your GPU, which will fit inside the top of your Haf 932.

2. Eventually, if you wanted to cool your CPU with your 120.3 rad, you can get the Swiftech Apogee-XT CPU water block. Any 120.3 radiator is fine (Swiftech, Danger Den, EK, etc), just choose which one will fit inside your Haf 932 - though most any of them will.

3. To cool your GTX 580, I'd suggest a full cover water block. EK is fine. You'll need to do some research once you pick out the type of GTX 580 you want, then whether a full cover GTX 580 water block will fit.

4. Your barbs will want to be 1/2", your tubes will want to be 1/2" Inner Diameter with 3/4" Outer Diameter. I use PrimoChill PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Tubing with PrimoChill UV Anti-Kink Coils (3/4 inch). Anti-Kink Coils are a necessity for tubing your GPU water block.

5. The Swiftech MCP 655-B is a good pump, but others will work (only recommending since I use Swiftech more than other brands).

6. I use the XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir for Laing D5 (Fits Swiftech 655/655-B), but that may not be for you as the Haf 932 won't be able to fit inside the a dual 5.25" bays.

8. For clamps, I go to the hardware store, but use Worm Drive Clamps (or Hose Clamps), since they're thin enough to get between the GPU and CPU barbs... they're just a classy lady to screw in.

Muy bien Capitan. A lot of instructiones . :thumbsup:

1. Yes , Im keeping the H70

2. I've also heard good things about the Apogee XT if I need cpu cooling in the future

3. I was thinking about this wb on the GTX580

4.I was thinking about this tubing and these coils but dont know what barbs to use

5. Maybe this Swiftech pump ?

6. I thought about this res

7. How about this coolant

8. What abouth these clamps

1. Yes , Im keeping the H70

2. I've also heard good things about the Apogee XT if I need cpu cooling in the future

3. I was thinking about this wb on the GTX580

4.I was thinking about this tubing and these coils but dont know what barbs to use

5. Maybe this Swiftech pump ?

6. I thought about this res

7. How about this coolant

8. What abouth these clamps

1. That's fine

2. Yup

3. More expensive than an EK water block with no real differences in cooling. Still, you need to pick out what type of GTX 580 you'll be getting.

4. Good. Just make sure the anti-kink coils are for 3/4" OD. You'll get barbs that come with your water block and pump, but not the reservoir. The XSPC G1/4" Thread to 1/2" Barb Fittings work well and are cheap.

5. Also fine, it will just run at full speed (which is still pretty much silent). I think the MCP 655-B gets you 500 more RPM's. The only other difference is that it allows variable control.

6. You won't be able to fit a Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir in your 5.25" bays on your Haf 932. Most likely you'll have to put it on the bottom of your case, or you'll have to put a dremmel to it in order to make it fit.

7. PrimoChill ICE is the way to go... though I wouldn't get the dyed versions. Just stick with colored tubes and clear coolant.

8. Ooh, those clamps look sexy. They should work well.

1. That's fine

2. Yup

3. More expensive than an EK water block with no real differences in cooling. Still, you need to pick out what type of GTX 580 you'll be getting.

4. Good. Just make sure the anti-kink coils are for 3/4" OD. You'll get barbs that come with your water block and pump, but not the reservoir. The XSPC G1/4" Thread to 1/2" Barb Fittings work well and are cheap.

5. Also fine, it will just run at full speed (which is still pretty much silent). I think the MCP 655-B gets you 500 more RPM's. The only other difference is that it allows variable control.

6. You won't be able to fit a Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir in your 5.25" bays on your Haf 932. Most likely you'll have to put it on the bottom of your case, or you'll have to put a dremmel to it in order to make it fit.

7. PrimoChill ICE is the way to go... though I wouldn't get the dyed versions. Just stick with colored tubes and clear coolant.

8. Ooh, those clamps look sexy. They should work well.

I'll make a list tomorrow of the parts I want and then ask you guys what else I would need . I thought red dye would make it easy to see if the pump stops pumping.

I heard that the dual bay res could fit if I pull back some metal bits in the bays . I could always get a single bay res and put the pump at the bottom by my psu

On comparison with the asus 580 reviewed by ccokeman the stock heatsink cools the gpu and ram (L-shape), and the blower provides voltage circuit cooling on the back end of the card.

Without dimensions for the water block it is simply a guess as to the coverage the water block will provide. Some type of dimensions should be given. You should be able to conclude reasonably where the block will fit.

Consider installing a fan in place of the blower fan that will cool the voltage circuit. Next you will question the fan size, fan cfm, and mounting possibilities.

From the photos I do not see a backplate, what reason would the website have for the option to use the cards backplate.

The ram heatsinks could not be used also as an option, the water block will cover the ram. The asus card has all ram on the front of the card.

Anti-kink coils are used to make sharper than normally possible bends in the tube. To avoid using them make larger bends(arc). I used one complete tube turn. ?

The pumps rubber washers will dampen the pump installation. Controlling the pump speed will be an asset if sound is to be controlled. From memory I read a review that comparied various liquid cooling solutions and the graph showed that at 1.5 gpm? their was the greatest cooling and beyond this amount the cooling gave an additional few degrees; therefore if a few more degrees is not required the pump speed could be slightly reduced.

Any clamp will be fine as long as new hose is being secured to the barb.

Everything looks good, great todo list Capi! Couple of alternative choices:

Distilled water instead of any coolant + PT Nuke as a Biocide. 1. The distilled water cost for a gallon is nothing! 2. The "plain ole" distilled water will perform just as well as any coolant! 3. Much cheaper to flush your loop ;)

Also, the Swiftech MCP655 along with others are just re-branded Laing D5 pumps, with that said, you just can't go wrong with Laing, they are great pumps!

For the GPU block, do some research! The EK is a great block, but Koolance has been very impressive with gpu temps as well. Since the GTX 580 is fairly new, it be be tough to find a great "round-up" review, so you might want to look at GTX 480 reviews as well!

Ok so this is the stuff I decided on :

Coolant (I went with coolant since I wanted to import from only one place to save costs and perf pc doesnt have pt nuke): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3980

Lighting (I want to make the case have a UV Red feel): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1243:53ea63b892b52e6fd1fee111813e37d0

PSU Starter cable (easier this way to check for leaking) : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3163:ba050140a267a21d9fa8c3a20ec473f6

GTX580 (fits ASUS GTX580 according to cooling configurator) : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29843:947fb361c7eb193e5fb242df1d92a11d

Radiator : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25389:5b9ce275e19288405b752c4c3869d601

Filling port : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27705

Air Vent (nice thing to vent hot air out that is not here in South Africa): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27561

Pump : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3112

Tubing : http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23368

Anti-Kink coils (how many would I need ? ): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22851:b04f032ed718492c6f128be55a3e75cc

Clamps (how many would I need ?): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24888

Res (I'll make a way to get the dual bay res to fit): http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27998:c354159b28b576b4a102219039eda7d9

I guessed some amounts for tubing and clamps etc, and it comes to $500 and then with shipping of $160 it will total $660

I might have to wait a bit and get the GTX580 for now and then get the wc stuff later in around Q2 next year