new to overcloking searching cooling stuff

yamilegend

ok so im new to overclocking gonna star real soon to do it, i got the stock cooler of the 1090t amd six core so im wondering y theres something worth while for 100 $ or less, my specs :

AMD 1090T x 6

CROSSHAIR FORMULA IV

6850 xfx

650 xfx power supply

4GB of ram xms3

case: GM SCOUT

ok so im new to overclocking gonna star real soon to do it, i got the stock cooler of the 1090t amd six core so im wondering y theres something worth while for 100 $ or less, my specs :

AMD 1090T x 6

CROSSHAIR FORMULA IV

6850 xfx

650 xfx power supply

4GB of ram xms3

case: GM SCOUT

What sort of case do you have? is that RAM Corsair?

I can recommend Noctua NH-D14 or Prolimatech Megahalems from personal experience.

Corsair H50, H70 or A70, coolermaster Hyper 212+, Thermaltake Frio also popular and work well.

Edited by dihartnell

The H50 is a liquid solution with solid performance (for the price), and it takes less room than the CM Hyper 212+.

Also popular is the Noctua NH-D14, though that's significantly higher priced than the Hyper 212+.

Your 1090T can use the Hyper 212+ to keep it at max temps of 52C at 4.0GHz in my Sniper case (max allowed temp is 63C) - but I was using one Noctua NF-P12 push fan. Also, Puerto Rico is probably warmer than Boston, so it might be a little higher. With your Scout case, it should be about the same.

The H50 is a liquid solution with solid performance (for the price), and it takes less room than the CM Hyper 212+.

Also popular is the Noctua NH-D14, though that's significantly higher priced than the Hyper 212+.

The D14 might struggle to fit in the Scout case with its side fans on. I would recommend you look at the Corsair H50 cooler or H70. Will work well and leave you a bit more room to work inside the case.

The D14 might struggle to fit in the Scout case with its side fans on. I would recommend you look at the Corsair H50 cooler or H70. Will work well and leave you a bit more room to work inside the case.

I'm not particularly familiar with the dimensions of the scout case, though I like the name ;)

I know the case is smaller, I just wasn't sure how small it was.

That said, I'd suggest the H50 if you have a low budget, but if you can afford it, the H70 is worth the money.