What is the best hd 6870 for overclocking?

AtusSephin

Just like in the title, what is the best hd 6870 for overclocking?? Xfx ,xfx be, msi , sapphire, asus, powercolor or gigabyte??

I have heard some people say that the xfx black edition is be better than the xfx for overclocking . Someone also said that they have handpicked the chips for the BE :D

Just like in the title, what is the best hd 6870 for overclocking?? Xfx ,xfx be, msi , sapphire, asus, powercolor or gigabyte??

I have heard some people say that the xfx black edition is be better than the xfx for overclocking . Someone also said that they have handpicked the chips for the BE :D

hmm what? as for best brand, they all get the same chips AFAIK. Im not sure whats the best but the Twin Frozr II heatsinks that MSI puts on their cards are really nice. might want to read a review though. Most other cards look like reference coolers.

Edited by ShallowBay

what about the asus HD 6870 ,that is what they say about the card :

This effectively dissipates heat away from the GPU allowing it to work harder and deliver superb performance delivering 20% cooler operation. ASUS exclusive Voltage Tweak Technology which can boost performance by up to 50%; as well as this; users can benefit from 20% more coolness during game play and up to 35% less noise;

is this any different from all the other hd 6870 cards? any real performence difference between the asus and others? ?? ?

I know from experience that ASUS cards seem to overclock better than others .

my 4870 512MB didn't back in the day but maybe it's a more recent phenomenon :P

Luck of the draw though, you could get lucky or unlucky with any of em

my 4870 512MB didn't back in the day but maybe it's a more recent phenomenon :P

Luck of the draw though, you could get lucky or unlucky with any of em

No doubt about the fact it's always luck of the draw....But, I have been more "lucky" with ASUS as well ;)

Sorry for being rude Ccokeman I was very sleepy and in a bad mood :( but anyways great review I can see that the 6970 gives the 580 a run for its money but its really shocking how performance/power are matching the 500 series. I think the 570 is so far (after the 460) nvidia's best bang for buck card this year its a mega win win for us. All I don't get is why are different sites reporting diff benches? Some sites say that the 6970 is on par with the 570 while others are saying it's a little better all I want to know is which can overclock better?

The temperature page, the graphs should be reversed. The idle/load stock temps shouldn't be lower than the idle/load overclocked temps. :P

I have tested Sapphire, XFX and Powercolor 6870s and so far all have overclocked within a very narrow window when the voltage has been massaged. All of them have been within a 17MHz window from 1003 to 1020MHz on the core. By whomever gives you the best cost and warranty for what you get. Some have better cooling and others a better bundle. For the reference cards they are the same under the sticker so you will get the same card from one company to the other. Silicon will vary from card to card so you cant always tell what is going to be better.

No doubt about the fact it's always luck of the draw....But, I have been more "lucky" with ASUS as well ;)

Ya, but turns out it died like a week later so maybe it didn't overclock well because it was already failing :lol: