The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

Avinexis

So has everyone already lost interest in this game? :P

What MODS are you guys enjoying the most right now?

I'm mostly running HD texture mods and the like. First playthrough I very rarely run any other mods but HD textures, except for Fallout: New Vegas. :lol:

So has everyone already lost interest in this game? :P

What MODS are you guys enjoying the most right now?

Nope but I am holding out playing for a while wanting the creation kit to come and the real mods then too.

I am going to mod myself and possibly cobble together other people's mods, a hardcore mode. Involving a need to sleep, eat, drink ect. Add in armor deterioration so through use it gets damaged, a really silly thing to drop imo.

Oh and I aim to get myself my dragon mount I had one in oblivion and now I want a proper one :D

Edit: oh yeah the other main reason not to jeep playing is to keep a large amount of scripted storyline unexplored I have completed only two guild mages and thrives as well as the main quest line on my character and that's the way I will keep it till I make my modded character.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Well I am actually just now getting into it :biggrin: and this game is unreal! I haven't played an RPG since Dragon Warrior on the NES and have been making fun of them for a long time. Well I was over at a friend's house and he fired it up on his C2D and a 8800GTX and I was like wow! It looked solid on his rig, so I wondered what it would look like on mine :evilgrin: So I had to get it and find out, which is why I am now posting here because I have a problem!

Maybe this has been covered in the thread already, but I really didn't feel like going through 64 pages to find it, sorry for being lazy :whistling: So I am running the 11.11C drivers which everyone says supports Crossfire, but I am locked at 60fps on Ultra with 16X and 8X. I feel like there is some setting that needs to be changed and did some googling, but found others trying to figure out the same thing and haven't found a solution yet. I know when I disable vsync in L4D2 it goes from locked at 60fps to 200-300fps at all times, but there is a vsync option in L4D2. I just can't seem to figure it out. I have had the game installed for 2 days and have found it difficult to pull myself away from it long enough to spend time trying to figure this out. Any help would be awesome, as I am addicted already, and love this game :thumbsup:

You could force it off in the ini file. Personally I useually just leave v-sync on in games and have left it on in Skyrim.

Acess SkyrimPrefs.ini and add the line iPresentInterval=0 to the bottom of the [Display] section

Speedway, do you really need more than 60fps? If it is steady at 60fps, I wouldn't bother with it.

I started playing Skyrim again the other day, finally. Took about a month break from it due to finishing up school, graduating, and the holidays. Last night, I had two separate dragons fly around and roar, but never land. One of them nearly appeared to land a few hundred yards from me, but he was attacking a giant. However, when I approached the dragon flew up in the air and kept circling while the giant just stared at it while keeping its club raised. Dragon never ended up landing again, so I ventured into a cave to do a quest. Came back out and the dragon was gone.. I want their souls!

You could force it off in the ini file. Personally I useually just leave v-sync on in games and have left it on in Skyrim.

Acess SkyrimPrefs.ini and add the line iPresentInterval=0 to the bottom of the [Display] section

This was my 1st thought, but I read another person who did it w/o any luck.

bp :lol: No I prob don't need anymore than 60fps :blush: But I'm just wondering if there is a way to unlock it from 60 to see what I can get.

This was my 1st thought, but I read another person who did it w/o any luck.

bp :lol: No I prob don't need anymore than 60fps :blush: But I'm just wondering if there is a way to unlock it from 60 to see what I can get.

The file probably got written over buy the game just save it and set it to read only that way it should remain set and you will barring no other issues be able to see what fps you can pull.

Like I said, I haven't been able to pull myself away from the game long enough to really mess with it. But, IIRC I read somewhere people were playing with 120-200fps and not having problems. However, I didn't really spend too much time reading on it, so it may have been BS.