Watercooling Testimonies

El_Capitan

Well, this is the first time I did a push/pull config on one of my radiators. I put 8 Noctua NH-D14's with U.L.N.A. (lowest RPM setting) on a 120.4 Swiftech rad and my max temps dropped by 4C when running Prime95. Previously, with only a 4-fan push config, it got up to 74C. It's still pretty quiet, too. My idle temps are in the high 30's. :P

post-70939-1291943818177_thumb.png

I am a big fan of the push/pull configs. But, like cow if you don't have fans on both sides of the rad, then you should have them pulling instead of pushing! But a 4C drop has to be happy times huh Capi ;)

Yeah, I noticed that on my dual stack 120.2 (two 120.2 rads sandwiched between two 120mm fans), the rad where the fans are pulling air from is cooler than the rad where the fans are pushing to. It could be a number of different factors, but just an obersvation. Mayhaps pulling is better than pushing.

Yes, a 4C drop is nice. :)

For my new rig I have ordered 8 "Coolink 120mm 1200 RPM 3-pin Quiet Cooling Fan : SWiF2-1201" to set up in push pull on a XSPC RX Series 480mm Quad Radiator. I hope I can maintain low temps while enjoying quiet fans.

Well, this is the first time I did a push/pull config on one of my radiators. I put 8 Noctua NH-D14's with U.L.N.A. (lowest RPM setting) on a 120.4 Swiftech rad and my max temps dropped by 4C when running Prime95. Previously, with only a 4-fan push config, it got up to 74C. It's still pretty quiet, too. My idle temps are in the high 30's. :P

PushPull.png

Show me what you have after 24 hours of heat dump not just 25 minutes LOL

The first two tests put a load on your system but do not give it time to heat the whole loop up you need an extended run under load to show the benefit. You have to have the rad metal warm up, the tubing warm up and the pump put the most heat dump in the liquid it will see.

Thats a great start but lets see how it is long term and see if the 4C drop is there. Not trying to be rude BTW just that a 25 minute test has not run through all of the iterations including ones that generate more heat than the 1024 and 8K tests.

Show me what you have after 24 hours of heat dump not just 25 minutes LOL

The first two tests put a load on your system but do not give it time to heat the whole loop up you need an extended run under load to show the benefit. You have to have the rad metal warm up, the tubing warm up and the pump put the most heat dump in the liquid it will see.

Thats a great start but lets see how it is long term and see if the 4C drop is there. Not trying to be rude BTW just that a 25 minute test has not run through all of the iterations including ones that generate more heat than the 1024 and 8K tests.

Eh, I don't like stressing for 24 hours. Just seems a waste of time to me. At the most, I'll fold on my CPU and GPU's almost 24/7 when I'm not doing work or playing games, and my CPU temp never gets above 71C. I also run IntelBurnTest and Cinebench. My way of seeing it, stressing it for 24 hours on Prime95 at 100% load is just going to wear out my components in my system faster.

Well, 32 hours 42 minutes with on and off folding I hit 72/71/71/66 for max temps. Damn, now I have to adjust my sig. I also only fold at 50% load for all my cores. I prefer not to do 100% load. I'm just Mr. Cautious.

I noticed some bacteria build up in my loop the other day so its getting taken down and going to get some new fans to go with it. Scythe Ultra Kaze 120-38's 140cfm @ "THIS IS FREAKING LOUD" so ill let you know what the results are. :D

I noticed some bacteria build up in my loop the other day so its getting taken down and going to get some new fans to go with it. Scythe Ultra Kaze 120-38's 140cfm @ "THIS IS FREAKING LOUD" so ill let you know what the results are. :D

OH NO......are you not using PT Nuke in your loop?????????? You have to get this and follow the instructions for how many drops per liter of distilled water you use in your loop! No more living Shhh in your loop ;)

I would like some advice from you guys.

I am currently planning to build a stand for my 480mm Rad below is a design to show how it will look.

bd8866c9.jpg

As you can see from my drawing above the stand will hold a 480mm radiator in a vertical position. But which way should I mount the Rad.

7d30f167.jpg

With the fitting at the Bottom? shown on the Left

Pro's:

Less tube needed.

Easy path to pumps.

Less fittings required.

Easy to drain.

Will work as header tank for pump.

Better to look at no fittings sticking out of the top.

Con's:

Air may build up and be stuck in the top of the Rad.

Hard to fill water would have to be pumped in unless lay down.

Or with the fittings at the Top shown on the right.

Pro's:

Easy to fill.

Easy to remove air lock if any.

Con's:

More tube needed.

would look ugly with tubes passing up each side of the stand.

More fittings required.

What do you guys think?

Thanks Firky.