3dMark 11

Water_Hazard

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I'm confused :s 3dmark is just reading the clock wrong, my CPU is clocked to 4.8ghz. Prime95 stable after 12hours, cpu-z is reading 4.8ghz.

If your CPU is at 4.8Ghz and barely scores 10k physics points... Then i think something is wrong... How fast is your RAM?

I have 16gb, 1600mhz timings are 7-8-7-24

Well my i7-930 @ 4.4Ghz scored higher than your CPU score, But i ran my memory at 2100 9-11-9-27. Memory can make a huge difference on the total score. I wonder if the bottleneck is really that bad from 2x 6990's... Im not sure what to tell you.

Are you 100% sure that you ran the benchmark when your CPU was overclocked?? Because 3DMark11 has pretty consistently, as ive seen from others scores, properly read CPU speeds. So maybe clarify your 4.8Ghz OC with CPU-z, then run 3DMark11 again?

I am gonna go home and turn HT off, clock the crap out of my CPU, then post up some results!

Dont turn of HT! 3DMark11 LOOOOOVES HT. You dont wanna miss out on the free points it provides!

Dont turn of HT! 3DMark11 LOOOOOVES HT. You dont wanna miss out on the free points it provides!

Oh ok...thanks for the heads up....I was gonna do this to increase my OC...maybe I will leave it.

Oh ok...thanks for the heads up....I was gonna do this to increase my OC...maybe I will leave it.

Ive done some testing at 3.6Ghz & 4.4Ghz, with HT on and off. HT is bascially a free 500-800 points. Pretty awesome. So unless turning off HT allows you to get like an extra 500mhz per core, your not gonna a better score.

Ive done some testing at 3.6Ghz & 4.4Ghz, with HT on and off. HT is bascially a free 500-800 points. Pretty awesome. So unless turning off HT allows you to get like an extra 500mhz per core, your not gonna a better score.

Ok thanks for the info...you just saved me some time.