The Great Steam Treasure Hunt

WhenKittensATK

Anyone else find it funny that every single Game objective so far has included the reduced-price sale of the game, except for Black Ops? :glare:

That franchise pisses me off so much

I'm not surprised at all. In fact it's meeting my expectations for a crappy overpriced game published by a greedy company. :P

Seriously who at valve thought it was a good idea to make pro level scores a challenge? I don't think I've ever been this frustrated by a game before. Shame on you valve, shame!

Edited by Deathmineral

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Deathmineral, nice reccomendation for shatter :P. You saved me $2.50.

Quite disapointed that Black Ops isn't on sale. the least they could do is put it on sale it for $60usd here. not the greedy, "we F you in the rear" $90usd they like charging us aussies.

8 objectives and i didnt have to do anything this time. infact the only thing i've done to gain objectives was join an official group, add deathmineral to friends list and play 1 demo. not bad eh? :D

Are Metro or JC2 worth their prices? I've wanted to try them both for a while now but really don't want to pay more than $5 for either of them.

I think so.They are both good games and are worth trying at that price. JC2 you could spend hours in just messing with the physics while Metro is shorter, but it does have two endings. I don't think you can go wrong at these prices, but it is up to you.

Hey Deathmineral, nice reccomendation for shatter :P. You saved me $2.50.

Quite disapointed that Black Ops isn't on sale. the least they could do is put it on sale it for $60usd here. not the greedy, "we F you in the rear" $90usd they like charging us aussies.

8 objectives and i didnt have to do anything this time. infact the only thing i've done to gain objectives was join an official group, add deathmineral to friends list and play 1 demo. not bad eh? :D

I don't think Shatter is bad, but the objective is super tough.

New objectives up. One of them is just for downloading and watching 6 specific trailers.

The Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2 objectives I already have, and I'm hating Beat Hazard right now.

Beat Hazard is terrible if you don't have a controller. If you have a controller I think it is great.

What does the Metro achievement entail? I already have the game, I am just wondering.

Beat Hazard is terrible if you don't have a controller. If you have a controller I think it is great.

What does the Metro achievement entail? I already have the game, I am just wondering.

I manage just fine on Beat Hazard without a controller. Got that achievement without one for that that matter.

I was wondering that as well, because then I almost have the ten needed....

Actually, I just got the Beat Hazard objective. Got it before completing Through the Fire and Flames. Honestly, I don't think a controller would help me. I am no bad at dodging things with just the keyboard in that game. The real issue is when you can't see the stuff because of the effects and something comes onto the screen, aimed right at you, and is moving faster than you. That hunk of debris was quite annoying.

The Metro 2033 objective requires killing 30 Nosalis's. I've only beaten the game once and have it completed. it.

I did OK playing with the keyboard, but with the controller it is so much easier. The score was honestly nothing special, only takes like one song. My survivor score was 30 million. On suicide I got more than 7 million on a 3 minute song. The only thing I don't like about the game is at the end of some songs when it dies down but isn't over and the enemies continue to come at you. I have lost so many songs in the last seconds because of that.

I have also noticed that the faster paced songs tend to play better than some of the pop type songs. I get much better scores when playing with death metal than Ke$ha :lol:

Also, I just had the game of my life in Shatter and beat the score by 300,000. :bow:

So the guys over at Valve in charge of this whole promotion realized tracking who has seen all these trailers is awfully difficult, so it is now a gimmie. Everybody with a Steam account now has that objective done (great, more competition for the prize off that one).

I don't remember what song(s) I used for that survival one (its been done for a long time) but I could have pretty much accomplished it with just one song. It really isn't that hard anymore....

Edited by RogerDeath

The problems I found with shatter is that sometimes the objects will pass right through the bumper, they don't even regulate the leaderboards(scores up into the 100s of millions in bonus mode), and the projectiles bounce off each other. Normally I wouldn't nit pick at something like that last one but I think something was calculated wrong if the game expects you to catch multiple projectiles at the exact same point.

I personally don't care for mindless reflex games of that sort anyway, I always feel like I have to train myself to be stupid just to be good at the game. To me, that means the game missed the point entirely.

So the guys over at Valve in charge of this whole promotion realized tracking who has seen all these trailers is awfully difficult, so it is now a gimmie. Everybody with a Steam account now has that objective done (great, more competition for the prize off that one).

I don't remember what song(s) I used for that survival one (its been done for a long time) but I could have pretty much accomplished it with just one song. It really isn't that hard anymore....

Finally Valve did something nice, that freebie gives me my tenth. :D

Just installed Metro 2033. Don't want to get into the game as I'm in the middle of two others, but I'll play just enough to get the achievement.

Same goes with L4D2 - I was out of town, so couldn't do it over the weekend, but I'll have to go install that and try and get that achievement as well.