BRilliant IDEA!

We need a thin rubber coating over all corners and edges of computer Cases so that when you stick you hand in and yank on a molex you dont slip and need 4 stitches!!!! boy would that be a nice thing to have!!!

P.s. Use superglue works like a charm and eliminates stitches and emergency rooms, and it doesnt burn!!!

Lian Li has nice rounded edges in their cases... played with it much, and have yet to cut myself. :)

Super glue is a cool trick for my other cases... hadn't thought about that. Thanks!

Get the interior of your case coated with truckliner, like ArmaGuard, or something else :)

Granted, while it would be safer for your digits and look cool (and probably be quieter too), such a mod would remove the primary benefit of buying an aluminum case. All that plastic/rubber stuff would just insulate your case and keep the heat in.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice case mod oblius. How much did all that cost you?

Hey thanks man.. The case (AOpen) came with the window cut out of it, blue power / white IDE LED's, so alot of the work was already done. Case cost me about $160 CDN, which is extremely reasonable with a 350W PSU.

The rest of the stuff rounded out at another ~$150 CDN or so, including the Dragon Orb CPU cooler, rounded IDE cables, dual 12" red neons, and crystal LED fan.

Timewise was about a day or two to shrink-wrap all the power cabling (those dual connectors are a ###### to feed through 1/4" shrink tubing, but I managed), install the neon, paint the floppy black, tie-wrap all the crap wiring, etc.

My old case I'm looking at modding too, but I have no idea what I want to do with it yet. I was thinking a hella-cool case-mod would be to make a case look like a shaolin temple, you know the japanese type houses with the cool roofs and clay shingles and crap... B) It'd be original anyway..