Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Expensive watches :pfp:

Watches that aren't digital :pfp:

Watches that aren't atomic :pfp:

Watches that aren't solar :pfp:

lol, we already know you're cheap, you don't have to overly assert it :P

My "analog" watch is a kinetic perpetual watch. It has a CMOS chip in it and a capacitor... They don't need to be "atomic" to be accurate. The only time I've ever had to adjust it was for daylight savings. It goes to sleep if I don't wear it, and will hold time and date for about 6 months without motion.

Personally, I wouldn't be caught with a clunky digital watch on my arm when I'm wearing a suit :P

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-WV430DJ-1-Waveceptor-Atomic-Ana-Digi/dp/B0018747Q2

I got this watch from penneywize.biz for 40 dollars I am quite happy with it, no batteries and after setup, no more setting.

try

http://www.blingdaily.com/

Despite it not being digital, I feel this is finally a worthwhile recommendation, seems like a fine watch.

Looks good while not breaking the bank.

I don't see the point in paying alot for a watch that "looks good" or "is a Rolex".

Watches are for telling time, not for someone to marvel over IMHO. Digitals will leave no time for guess work for getting precise and thorough time measurement.

I don't think more of someone with an overpriced watch, I think less of them (and no this isn't out of jealousy, Jewelry has never been something I've been very supportive of)

lol, we already know you're cheap, you don't have to overly assert it :P

My "analog" watch is a kinetic perpetual watch. It has a CMOS chip in it and a capacitor... They don't need to be "atomic" to be accurate/

It's not a matter of being cheap, it's a matter of my watch telling time just as well as yours. While also being invincible and maintainance free AND not bankrupting me

Conversely, I find that people who think digitals are more accurate or leave less guesswork for getting the time correct...simply can't read an analog watch properly.

I can use analog measurement devices to the same accuracy as digital (calipers, micrometers, dial gauges, etc).

It's not a matter of being cheap, it's a matter of my watch telling time just as well as yours. While also being invincible and maintainance free AND not bankrupting me

I haven't had any of the issues that you speak of. Perhaps you can elaborate?

Conversely, I find that people who think digitals are more accurate or leave less guesswork for getting the time correct...simply can't read an analog watch properly.

I can use analog measurement devices to the same accuracy as digital (calipers, micrometers, dial gauges, etc).

I can use analog watches too but there's ZERO time in looking down and knowing everything instantly like there is with digital.

I guess analogs "look" better but I bought a watch to tell time, not for people to drool over or want to steal ;)

I haven't had any of the issues that you speak of. Perhaps you can elaborate?

Well that's very general of you, :P. I'm digging that you have the precision chip in your watch. That'd be good if it was a post apocalyptic world, since then my atomic could not sync OTA.

By this post, I'm guessing you got a good deal on your watch? How much did you get it for and which one is it??

It's the SNP027 model: http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/snp027.asp

I think it was a little more expensive when I bought it; I've had it for a bit over a year now.

Personally, I think the analogs will get more and more robust. I've seen several with TiN or TiCN coatings (which is quite sexy). The sapphire crystals generally hold up very well. :)

But, for people just wanting to tell time...why not just use your cell phone?

Despite it not being digital, I feel this is finally a worthwhile recommendation, seems like a fine watch.

Looks good while not breaking the bank.

I don't see the point in paying alot for a watch that "looks good" or "is a Rolex".

Watches are for telling time, not for someone to marvel over IMHO. Digitals will leave no time for guess work for getting precise and thorough time measurement.

I don't think more of someone with an overpriced watch, I think less of them (and no this isn't out of jealousy, Jewelry has never been something I've been very supportive of)

Actually it is Digital and Analog, it's both!

And like I said once it's set that is it!

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Waveceptor/WVA430J_Series/product/WVA430DJ-1A/

We think alike :teehee:

What I'm looking for is a multifunction watch. I would like to find one thats no digital and has a LED light on it. I looked at IBeam watches but I didn't find one I really like.

My budget is around $500. Anything Silver or Black would be nice, I'd as like to find one with a durable bracelet.

Used watches should be fine as long as there not damaged real bad.

I think it was a little more expensive when I bought it; I've had it for a bit over a year now.

Personally, I think the analogs will get more and more robust. I've seen several with TiN or TiCN coatings (which is quite sexy). The sapphire crystals generally hold up very well. :)

I like analogs for the look, but with the precision of a digital and atomic wave keeping.

I like the solar because it is the newer and cheaper technology to keep away from battery replacement.

I don't carry a cell phone very often.

I do like your watch it is very nice looking.

Well yeah cell phones would work but what if they die or are dropped or something?? The watch will never suffer any damage or catastrophe since it's always bound to you.

I have one of these, Pretty invincible

Actually it is Digital and Analog, it's both!

And like I said once it's set that is it!

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Waveceptor/WVA430J_Series/product/WVA430DJ-1A/

We think alike :teehee:

ya I like that one, best of both worlds

lols I don't wear a watch! haha... I couldn't say which to pick, because I'd never spend that much on a watch, lol rather get more stuff for me computers. :) But I guess I could say get the one that is most purdy! haha