Which cpu?

I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on a GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD got it for $74.99 after rebate. So now I'm looking at the AMD AM3 cpu's and trying to figger out which would fit my needs the best. I game some, but am getting into video editing.

I think the 3 best choices are the following:

1) AMD Phenom II X2 560 Black Edition Callisto 3.3GHz AM3

2) AMD Phenom II X3 740 Black Edition Heka 3.0GHz AM3

3) AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz AM3

I think for the price the Phenom II X3 might be a winner, OEM doesn't bother me since I was going to buy an upgraded hsf anyway. And only having to hope 1 extra core unlocks compared to 2 extra cores, is a better in my mind. But having the X4 ready out of the box is pretty appealing too, but not sure if it's worth double the price of the X3.

From what I've ready, all 3 overclock very well, so the Ghz isn't the main driving force on the decision.

Thoughts?

Rather get the X3 , but the chances are that it might not unlock . Its not always a guarantee that the extra core will unlock. Just keep that in mind when buying.

Well then if you like more cores than get the x4 . It all depends on your budget . If you're willing to pay more then get it , I personally would get a x6 like a 1055t or lower.

Ok, another question. Which would you guys buy?

Option #1;

AMD Phenom II X3 740 and a 120+GB SSD

Or

Option #2;

AMD Phenom II X6 and a SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB

I'm thinking it would be much easier changing out a CPU a year down the line. But let me know if now isn't the time to invest in a SSD.

Ok, another question. Which would you guys buy?

Option #1;

AMD Phenom II X3 740 and a 120+GB SSD

Or

Option #2;

AMD Phenom II X6 and a SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB

I'm thinking it would be much easier changing out a CPU a year down the line. But let me know if now isn't the time to invest in a SSD.

Option #1

My gf still has a Phenom II x3 720 BE, and she really liked the SSD upgrade. I upgraded my Phenom II x3 720 BE to the Phenom II x6 1090T, and while it helped in some areas, the SSD made the biggest difference in everyday performance.