I've got an offer on my cooler

IVIYTH0S

I think I'm ready for an upgrade of CPU cooling

Possible upgrades I can think of:

Thermaltake Frio

Noctua D14

Prolimatech Megahalem (I'm not writing the "s" on the end)

Thermolab BARAM

I've also thought about a self contained watercooler like the H50 (found an H50 for $50 shipped) or Coolit ALC.

What do you guys think would be worth upgrading to, from my Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme Black??

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: But it'll be much quieter. Depends on what you're looking for.

1. If your case is small, some air coolers may not fit. Self-contained watercoolers are good for that.

2. If you're looking for something quieter, I know the Noctua NH-D14 is pretty quiet.

Otherwise, I think you should just stick with what you got.

Check here first. It looks like nothing would be a giant upgrade (talking MAYBE 3C at most here) from what you currently have.

Yeah , is not going to be a very big drop in temps unfortunately

Check here first. It looks like nothing would be a giant upgrade (talking MAYBE 3C at most here) from what you currently have.

Ya but I wish they'd test the coolers on an overclocked i7 system. I have 775 for now but I'm interested to see how the cooler'd perform in extreme conditions (or atleast a higher clocked 775)

Im sure the Megahalem would handle the high heat of a seriously oc'ed i7 , are you going to be upgrading your cpu anytime soon ?

If not then I think you should stay with what you got

Edit: Since Ivy's got a pair of Ultra Kazes on that that Ultra then it should handle a quad very well and maybe an i7 too.

Edited by Nyt Ryda

Turns out the guys overseas so I guess I'm sticking with the TRUE for a bit, I was thinking the H50 would be cool since it'd be a minimal cost upgrade but probably better performance.

as you can see I can fit pretty much anything in here (I run my machine open as pictured)

P1000014.jpg

Turns out the guys overseas so I guess I'm sticking with the TRUE for a bit, I was thinking the H50 would be cool since it'd be a minimal cost upgrade but probably better performance.

as you can see I can fit pretty much anything in here (I run my machine open as pictured)

P1000014.jpg

Dude your motherboard looks awsome !!! :O

I wish I got that mobo when I had my old quad !

Edited by Nyt Ryda

My Noctua NH-D14 with my old i7 920 d0, max temps hit 76C on Prime95 at 3.9GHz at 1.35v, or 82C at 4.1GHz at 1.3825v... if I remember correctly.

I think my quad hit like 70C @ 4.0ghz 1.5v, when my PSU comes back I'll see what I can come up with.

Dude your motherboard looks awsome !!! :O

I wish I got that mobo when I had my old quad !

I know, I fell for the expensive edition board but it's the best cooling I've ever seen on any board. No other board comes close (and it even has an optional waterblock too)

I think my quad hit like 70C @ 4.0ghz 1.5v, when my PSU comes back I'll see what I can come up with.

I know, I fell for the expensive edition board but it's the best cooling I've ever seen on any board. No other board comes close (and it even has an optional waterblock too)

ivi, if your going to upgrade in the foreseeable future anyway, why not go ahead and get the hs that will give the best cooling on the future build "and" work on the 775..

ivi, if your going to upgrade in the foreseeable future anyway, why not go ahead and get the hs that will give the best cooling on the future build "and" work on the 775..

Ya thats what I meant, I may go for the H50 since its cheap and performs like a megahalem but with better idle temps.

I probably can get like 35 or more for my TRUE