New Build...

Krieg1337

Alright I will just sum up the new PC I want to get aside from the case/PSU. Remember nothing is set, everything is changeable, except that it should match blue! :)

CPU: Core i5 750

Mobo: MSI P55 A-GD65

Memory: G.Skill DDR3 1333 or Corsiar Domintaor DDR3 1600

HDD:Western Digital Caviar 640GB 6.0gb/s

SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 40GB (Optional, for windows only)

DVD Drive: Lite On Drive

GPU: Asus GTX470

Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Sound card, headset ect. I already have.

Now I will be getting parts for christmas and other parts for my b-day March 31st, so the Mobo, CPU and GPU may change. GPU will probably change since new ones are coming out. Anyways, recommend for the other parts please :)

Budget, well lets try to keep it under $1000, if thats possible for these parts. SSD is optional and not most important part.

1600mhz ram, set at 1333mhz then over clock it ;) ram wont be stressed and ull have overclocking freedom without having to worry about ram timings and voltages n bull crap like that..

gtx 470?? any reason??? i thought it was pretty clear that a 5870 is the way to go in that price range.. cooler, quieter, and in most cases, more powerful as well...

sata 3 hdd?? nice hahah i havent seen one of those in action yet everything else looks pretty dandy to me.. cept its an intel ;) lol

Alright let me remind you, BLUE is important. Those memory sticks are green and black and gray/silver...

Also the GPU isn't important either..Like I said I am getting the GPU and Mobo and CPU next year(March 31st or later).

Alright let me remind you, BLUE is important. Those memory sticks are green and black and gray/silver...

Also the GPU isn't important either..Like I said I am getting the GPU and Mobo and CPU next year(March 31st or later).

You should still get the memory, just get one of these and have a ball :thumbsup: :

KRY53546.JPG

When it comes to overclocking the 750 you will end up being bclock limited with big clock speeds. Get a good set of 1600 to 2000Mhz memory and you will be able to get the most from bclock overclocking. About 222Mhz is where my 750 gives up the ghost so about 2200Mhz is the limit on memory speed for that chip unless you run subzero. Other than that not to bad of a combo!

Go for tighter timings if you can at 1600. This set is what we use in our test systems and OCs to almost 2000MHz Timings at 1600 6-8-6-

So is the SSD big enough for just windows?(40GB) or should I just screw it and go get 2 of the 640gb and raid em?

It's up to you, can you really live with that much trouble with games and apps all over the place (aka small SSD with extension onto HDD) I know I couldn't