Which Cooler?

IAmGundam

HIPER212+!!!

*waves flag*

best fkn cooler ive ever used... mines oc'd and never goes past what.. 52 degs?? when my room is at 29??

not bad.. when its about 14degs in my room (overnight window open running BOINC) gets to around 35-36

n thats with 2 5850s blowing 80deg air in the case as well... i think thats super impressive..

I can't say that'd be a cost-smart upgrade. :P

EDIT: I don't have AMD brackets for my Megahalems - don't know if you can really find them any more either.

I know but I could turn right around and sell the TRUE off but use my two fans from it.

Obviously the bracket wouldn't be a big problem since I'm also running 775 (and I'd assume you have that mounting hardware). Does the cooler have 1366 and/or 1156 support as well??

i'm currently using a V6 GT atm with two Gentle Typhoon fans. i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz, never breaks 70c on the hottest core.

Is hard to mount and needs some washers for optimal performance thats from my experience.

Overclock means nothing. Post the voltages for the overclock and that will tell much more.

I've had to purchase AMD brackets from more than 1 cooler. The Corsair H50 didn't include the AMD mounting hardware when it came out. Yes you can find a Prolimatech AMD mounting bracket pretty easily still http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11284/cpu-pro-16/Prolimatech_AM2_AM2_AM3_Armageddon_Megahalems_Retention_Mount_Adapter_Kit_ARM-02.html?tl=g40c14s222

I've had to purchase AMD brackets from more than 1 cooler. The Corsair H50 didn't include the AMD mounting hardware when it came out. Yes you can find a Prolimatech AMD mounting bracket pretty easily still http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11284/cpu-pro-16/Prolimatech_AM2_AM2_AM3_Armageddon_Megahalems_Retention_Mount_Adapter_Kit_ARM-02.html?tl=g40c14s222

Defintely can get them easy enough here in NZ.

Well, since the Noctua cooler is the best of the best, I'll probably go with it. The Prolimatech looks nice, but will end up costing more than the D-14 will once I purchase it, a couple fans, and the AMD bracket

EDIT: I didn't mean to double post, I meant to hit edit the first time, but hit reply instead

Edited by IAmGundam

Well, since the Noctua cooler is the best of the best, I'll probably go with it. The Prolimatech looks nice, but will end up costing more than the D-14 will once I purchase it, a couple fans, and the AMD bracket

EDIT: I didn't mean to double post, I meant to hit edit the first time, but hit reply instead

Sounds like a plan, just make sure your memory is installed before the cooler :P