Suggestion for GPU and CPU W/C?

ir_cow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want color and it not be tubing, buy premix, it wont hurt anything, you will just have to take your loop down every 6 to 8 monthes to clean it, a little more maintance but IMO premix looks alot better than water. And dont even start the distilled water is better, it only out does Feser 1, by .1 degrees. That not 1 degree its .1 degree. Lets see your color tubing do this. Oh and you cant get the same color tubing as me, because it is blue tubing with acid green uv fluid running through it, which changes the color of the tubing, when the uv lights are on. popcorn.gifcheers.gif

Most agree, Premix will gunk the ssytem up. I would not recommend it. I did it my 1st cooling system and when I opend the waterblock up it wasn't pretty.... I don't think we were debabting which ran cooler its just dyed coolants pretty much suck. Get the UV tubing.

Edited by Drdeath

You might want to build your own custom radbox with some plywood and go with all the rads outside the box. This allows you to go as many rads as you want and very quiet and accessable. Also gives you the option of relocation of all the components for even more quiet system. I can hear my hard drive writing it is so quite. Personally have 3 rads for an equivilent of a 120.7 and couldn't be happier. Don't bother going for more expensive rads.. swiftech are nice and cheap and more surface area makes things nice and cool and very quiet cause you don't need fans screaming in the background. This also gives you the option of very high performance with temps that are unheard of. If I was going to do it all over again... Get 2 of the biggest cheepest rads, build a box and relocate it to where you want. This also leaves you room to work on your system easily with out all the clutter. Just don't scrimp on the pump. I'm using a hydror 2-320 gph pump. Its quiet and cheap. Also an old beater psu for my fans. Trying to fit it all in the case is a nightmare. I will never do it again... Hope this provides some insight as this is not your average water cooling set up... and order tygon. I found it cheaper getting a partial roll. As for temps.. even in summer my cpu or graphics card have never seen 60 Deg C even stress testing to the max using intel cpu burn test or Kombustor or gpu tester....... Blackheart

Looking at your diagram, straight up, you need to employ the kiss rule. This way you just may be able to remove the mainboard for working on it without damaging it. kewl out simple. One loop, one rad. If you replaced the one large fan on the top you could trade out for a pair of high powered 120'S. And Double thick rad. If you can squeeze threat in there. Use an order of pump, block, gpu, gpu rad res. Good luck.

You might want to build your own custom radbox with some plywood and go with all the rads outside the box. This allows you to go as many rads as you want and very quiet and accessable. Also gives you the option of relocation of all the components for even more quiet system. I can hear my hard drive writing it is so quite. Personally have 3 rads for an equivilent of a 120.7 and couldn't be happier. Don't bother going for more expensive rads.. swiftech are nice and cheap and more surface area makes things nice and cool and very quiet cause you don't need fans screaming in the background. This also gives you the option of very high performance with temps that are unheard of. If I was going to do it all over again... Get 2 of the biggest cheepest rads, build a box and relocate it to where you want. This also leaves you room to work on your system easily with out all the clutter. Just don't scrimp on the pump. I'm using a hydror 2-320 gph pump. Its quiet and cheap. Also an old beater psu for my fans. Trying to fit it all in the case is a nightmare. I will never do it again... Hope this provides some insight as this is not your average water cooling set up... and order tygon. I found it cheaper getting a partial roll. As for temps.. even in summer my cpu or graphics card have never seen 60 Deg C even stress testing to the max using intel cpu burn test or Kombustor or gpu tester....... Blackheart

I did that.....

0725000258.jpg

XSPC makes better rads than Swiftec and like mentioned the RX series are nice for the money> Cheap = less performance.

Most agree, Premix will gunk the ssytem up. I would not recommend it. I did it my 1st cooling system and when I opend the waterblock up it wasn't pretty.... I don't think we were debabting which ran cooler its just dyed coolants pretty much suck. Get the UV tubing.

Yea all the distilled purest try to justify why you should not use it, i have used it in every build ive done for the last five years. If you do regular maintance ever 6 to 8 monthes you will never have a problem with it. :cheers: But like i said all premix is not equal, there a couple i would not use. You know if no one bought premix, there would not be as many blocks out, its how they make some of their money to do the research to make the new block. Its not like you distilled guys are buying new tubing, or blocks or raids on a regular basis.

If you want to use fluid dont let anyone tell you not to. Just remember buy a good one, and do regular maintance, if you get lazy and say ill do it later, and leave it in there for a long time you might have these problems they speak of. Even though i have never seen them first hand.

But i will say this, ive run one loop for a little more than 1 year before changeing it, and had no problem with it. No gunk, yes your tubing might get stained but i change mine every 6 to 8 monthes anyway.

I also know where there is a thread were a guy has left premix in a computer for 5 years and it still looks just like it did the day he put it in. Its really a funny theard because all you distilled guys are responding, trying to come up with theories as to why it worked for so long.

Edited by crazy8s846

i ended up getting most of the parts from Koolertek, i really didn't like the idea of tubes outside the case where the can break, step on or damaged. so i'm going all internally (well 1 in and 1 on the radbox)

edit: kiss rule?

Edited by hornybluecow

this is a little late but i forgot to order fans lol. once again any suggestions? i heard Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm Case Fan were the best but Yate Loon can get the job done but on the

loud side.

im gonna have 4 total + the 250mm in my case already so i'm trying to keep it quite enough to hear my thoughts.

Edited by hornybluecow

this is a little late but i forgot to order fans lol. once again any suggestions? i heard Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm Case Fan were the best but Yate Loon can get the job done but on the

loud side.

im gonna have 4 total + the 250mm in my case already so i'm trying to keep it quite enough to hear my thoughts.

Those are nice fans, but you are better off getting some Scythe Gentle Typhoons and turning down the voltage a bit instead. That way IF you need the extra CFM's you aren't buying a bunch of new fans. :P