pricy? the A7N8X standard goes for $100 in the store. the infinity goes for $100. the infinity is designed to go against the A7N8X dlx. the lan party is only $130. Heck the stipped down version of the first lanparty nfII is only $80.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can atest to the asus problems my a7n8x dlx is now on its 4th trip to newegg for rma. just got the abit hope it doesnt give me anyproblems wish i woulda known about the infinity as i liked the lanparty but didnt have the extra 40 bucks for it

Edited by FanATIc205

wow i payed a lot for mine... oh well i wont post the price but it was worth it. i was advised against amd from some hardcore asus fans down my hall... lol showed them up huh? :D

best board ever made for AMD imo, what do you guys thingk?

ive been seeing alot of post on another forum i got too, and it seems the infinty by dfi is the board to get most are getting 240-250 fsb out of the box. one guy hitting 260 wow man i wish i woulda gotten that instead of the nf7-s im sure i can hit 250 but ill have to do thwe volt mod to get there

Funny thing about sites/reviewers... they each have thier personal dislikes & tastes ie. Abit Nf7-s currently holds Gruntvilles King Of The Hill, which other forum recomends the DFI... might I enquire? <_<

Funny thing about sites/reviewers... they each have thier personal dislikes & tastes ie. Abit Nf7-s currently holds Gruntvilles King Of The Hill, which other forum recomends the DFI... might I enquire? <_<

another thing the review sites tend to miss. how well does the board last? sure every lite-on drive I've ever owned was awsome for the first week, then it goes crappy. Same goes for Soyo, Abit, and lately Asus. the DFI boards are the best selling board at my store. Customers aren't coming back and buying another board cuz thiers went bad, they're coming back to buy another one for another comp. I've had customers tell me they got thier xp 2500+ upto 2.4ghz and beyond on air (favoirte fan to put with the dfi boards is the Volcano 9+).

the only complaint we get is from people who SHOULDN'T be building comps. they break things like the dimm slots, force SDR into the DDR slots, put he HSF on backwards, mount the board directly to the case (no standoffs), or they complain that DFI's manual doesn't tell them everything. Yeah the manual is a little on the thin side. But if you have any clue what you're doing, it's more than enough (who reads the manual any how?)