Trying to OC more, need advice.

alown

I need help overclocking cuz ima noob.

My current setting are stable. But if the baseclk was 5mhz faster its unstable. I've tried upping the voltage but i didn't know how much juice is too much. Is it just temperature dependent? Also I wanna see if the can make my ram run faster and i know your supposed to make the RAS or CAS lower, but there are so many settings there, idk what to change.

Also i think my RAM is overclocked to 1900Mhz, this was the last thing I set and wanted to you what you guys think.

AT 4.0Ghz (286x 14) 1.425V max temps are 47 degrees.

computer021copy.th.jpg

computer020copy.th.jpg

computer023copy.th.jpg

computer022copy.th.jpg

17min.th.jpg

EDIT: OMFG ima noob, I was only looking at AMDoverdive's core temps. While the cores were 46C, the CPU was at 68C. I guess I won't be getting the cpu going any faster.

Edited by alown

You do not need ram at super high frequencies. The performance gain is minimal. Lower it to 1600MHz or so and get the high overclock. Once you achieve this you can raise the multi. Lower frequencies give you more headroom.

965 here stable and easy at 20 x 200 why r u setting ur multi so low?

i am running 1.45 vcore i had it down to 1.35 but it gave me probs from time to time i could prob run at 1.4 but i dont want the hassle

Try lowering the ram to a minimal frequency and the nb, then see if you can get the bios to post then/see if it becomes stable. Because the processor isnt a black edition it means you cannot up the multiplier therefore leaving you with only the bus speed, therefore upping the bus speed also ups the ram frequencies and the nb frequency. Once you have figured what the problem is and are able to make the bus speed higher slowly up the ram frequencies and the nb frequencies see if you can get away with it. The problem is with ram is unless you have expensive overclocking sticks it is hard to get a lot more juice out of them, and even after you have over clocked the ram the performance increase isn't massively noticeable. Finally the problem with the nb frequencies is that they often become unstable after about 2600mhz so keeping an eye out for them is critical. Hope this helps and keep us informed.

EDIT:

I also forgot to metion that the turbo function must be disabled otherwise it will oc cores past their capabilities therefore making them become unstable. Also try overclcoking only 4 cores see if it will allow you to do that (this is how the turbo function works by only overclocking 4 cores it is more stable than overclocking all six). Besides 4GHZ is a high overclock for that cpu anyway so any higher is a great bonus. Good Luck

Edited by bobby898

**Stares are desktop background from your last screenshot..**

Im sorry what were we talking about again???

But really though, I was gonna comment about your overclock, but i truthfully dont know enough about current gen AMD processors. And the other people seem to have given you more than i could already. Nice background!

I guess my issue is my stability. I can boot windows at 320 * 14 =4.48Ghz but its not stable at all. Im worried about raising my core voltage higher. is there a point when its too much voltage even if you have great cooling?

I guess my issue is my stability. I can boot windows at 320 * 14 =4.48Ghz but its not stable at all. Im worried about raising my core voltage higher. is there a point when its too much voltage even if you have great cooling?

I think as long as temps are in check it's ok I believe

and yeah lower your memory speed, those sticks are only rated at 1600mhz, it's pretty impressive how high you got them as it is and now you know in the future how high they can go

Your processors temp limit is 62 degrees,i dint understand what you said?

EDIT: OMFG ima noob, I was only looking at AMDoverdive's core temps. While the cores were 46C, the CPU was at 68C. I guess I won't be getting the cpu going any faster.

What are ur temps at full load @4ghz?if the temps are below 62 well at least 48-55 to have some headroom then try pushing the voltages until your temps reach close to the thermal limit thats 62,then push the base clock to the maximum,to ensure stability drop the mem frequency,NB and HTT frequency,ive seen ppl push 1055T to 1.5XX volts on air,and if WC 1.6-1.7.

Edited by joel.monteiro