Wich 9800 Xt?

clay31

i was thinking about buying a 9800 xt and was wondering wich one i should get. im going to buy it from new egg so here are my choices: connect 3d/hercules/biult by ati/power color/saphire/gexcube/gigabyte/hightech/and asus. the asus is the most exspencive so i think that one is out but the others are relatively in the same range.any troubles/pro's con's youve had with the cards i would like to here. thanks.

My sapphire card works fine, has stock cooling (so it doesnt really overclock all that much) but seems to work perfectly fine when the system RAM isn't causing a problem :)

I got it from Newegg and it did include the HL2 ticket, even though it did not say that it would include the HL2 ticket.

I don't think you can make a bad decision once you've selected the Radeon 9800XT, have fun with your new card!

couse ima sell my 9800 pro to my friend for cheap(he has no job) hes also only got a g force 2 and if ima sell my 9800 pro i would like to get somethin different.

thanks for your replys

Edited by clay31

powercolor all the way man.. they are great cards.!! pluss.. they make sometimes put thoes sick custom coolers on there.. youll get a good oc with good cooling.. i mean GOOD COOLIN!! :P

powercolor all the way man.. they are great cards.!! pluss.. they make sometimes put thoes sick custom coolers on there.. youll get a good oc with good cooling.. i mean GOOD COOLIN!! :P

you're giving advice and you haven't even seen the card?!? the power color looks just like the ati card (and sapphire/visiontek) so its just as good as those cards based on your point.

if it were me i think i would get asus card. it comes with a lot more in the way of cables and software. it also has a svideo vivo. (video in/video out)

ive had good results with gigabyte and herclules. the last 2 built by ati cards i had dont overclock very well. if your not going ot overclock there basically all the same if its rateed a 9800 powercolor cant use ram that is below ati specs for the xt unless its noted on before you buy the card witch i highly doubt. heres a review of the powercolor linuxprox did http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/po...eon_9800_xt.php

Edited by FanATIc205