ATI Radeon HD 5750 Vs. Xbox 360

curtred

This might be in the wrong section.

So ive been getting ready for call of duty black ops and wondered if i should get for xbox or pc. the reason im even questioning this is i really cant decide if my gpu is gonna give out the same experience as my xbox 360. so please help. =D

MY SPECS===

CPU=amd x4 965 black edition

MOBO= msi 790gx-g65

GPU= raedon hd 5750

RAM= 2-2gb DDR3 1600mhz

POWER= purepower 600w

OS= Windows 7 64bit

yeah. What you have to remember is that 360 tech is 5 years old, so it's like running a 5 year old pc, it probably has whats equivalent to an 8800gt. I haven't actually researched this, but yeah, the 5750 wins hands down. Here is a link to an interview that cites the 360's gpu specs.

Microsoft revealed that the Xbox 360 will feature a custom ATI graphics processor that clocks in at a blistering 500 MHz, with 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines and 10 MB of embedded RAM.

That ram number seems low to me, but w/e. Point is, I know my 5750 runs at 700/1150 stock, and has a ton more shaders. It basically rapes the 360 gpu.

I also found this interesting article on the ps3 and 360 gpu specs side by side. Although, I was under the impression the PS3 gpu was more powerful :dunno:

Edited by F13Bubba

yeah. What you have to remember is that 360 tech is 5 years old, so it's like running a 5 year old pc, it probably has whats equivalent to an 8800gt. I haven't actually researched this, but yeah, the 5750 wins hands down. Here is a link to an interview that cites the 360's gpu specs.

That ram number seems low to me, but w/e. Point is, I know my 5750 runs at 700/1150 stock, and has a ton more shaders. It basically rapes the 360 gpu.

I also found this interesting article on the ps3 and 360 gpu specs side by side. Although, I was under the impression the PS3 gpu was more powerful :dunno:

You have the PS3's cell processor to thank for that. Surpising I know.

If I've understood things right, PS3 games have better quality IF developed for it. However, almost all games are developed for the 360, resulting in a port for the ps3.

If I've understood things right, PS3 games have better quality IF developed for it. However, almost all games are developed for the 360, resulting in a port for the ps3.

that trend seems to be changing as of late, atleast with EA they are making the games for PS3 then porting to the 360

Generally speaking, if a game is made for the 360 it is programmed to utilize that one card exclusively. With PC the program has to be coded for various architectures and languages, causing the game to require the higher clocks/ROPs/shaders/etc. to get the same output.

However, with my 5770 I top-out MW2 at 1680x1050 easily (FPS usually around 70) with less CPU power but more RAM. Regardless, it should look better on your PC since you can control what resolution the image is being rendered at (and a 360 almost requires HDMI/Component for decent A/V).

You should also remember that most xbox games are run at around 800x600 and then scaled to give the impression of a HD image.Dead rising is the only game off the top off my head that runs 720p native.Also the 10mb of embedded ram is used for the xbox dashboard,the gpu itself has 256mb dedicated.A HD 3850 is a good camparison for your question.

You should also remember that most xbox games are run at around 800x600 and then scaled to give the impression of a HD image.Dead rising is the only game off the top off my head that runs 720p native.Also the 10mb of embedded ram is used for the xbox dashboard,the gpu itself has 256mb dedicated.A HD 3850 is a good camparison for your question.

Most Xbox 360 games run at 720p with 30 frames per second.

There are a few games (such as the Call of Duty series) that run at 600p (still 16:9, not 4:3 like you said) but get cranked up to 60 frames per second.

I think we all know that we're PC gamers here, but try not to spread false information around here.