Take A Look At My Website

OCit

I actually am interested in this and might try this myself, I will be doing entrepreneurship as part of my BSc (hons) degree and hopefully it will give some insight into setting up a business one day

The site looks good IMO but as already stated could be improved (wording, etc)

I hope it all goes well for you

ok man here comes some more, I'm at work and i'm bored so I have nothing else better to do.

On this page at the bottom where it says "Got what you want? Ready to fill out a form? Want to contact us?" the link that says "More>>" just brings you back to the front page. On a deeper look this link doesn't work on any of the pages.

Next, on this page in the box that pops up when you click "...more" in the "RAM" section. Where it says "..gaming rigs should have 512mb of RAM." I would say "gaming rigs should have atleast 512mb of RAM" because I don't think they should just have 512mb. Most of us here on OCC have a gig and are hardcore. In that same box where it says "However, this is not always possible so things called dividers can be put in so the ram runs at a fraction of the FSB." I would say "However, this is not always possible. So things called dividers can be put in, so the ram runs at a fraction of the FSB."

Also on that "Components" page where it says "Cold Cathodes" I'd say "Cold Cathode Flourscent Light (CCFL)."

On "Optical Drives" I would say "Optical Drives, things such as..." and the "...more" link doesn't work.

In the "Hard Drive" pop up window where it says "The Hard Drives or HDDs can be a very simple or very comlicated matter. Basically, HDDs come in sizes from 36.7 GB to 160 GB. This number is the amount of data you can store on your computer. The bigger the number, the more you can store. Each HDD also has a speed; either 7200 or 10000 rpm." Untrue, you can get hdd's anywhere from 1gb to 320gb and speeds starting at 5400rpm's to 15000rpm's. Also where it says "Finally, a HDD is either ATA or Serial ATA." Also untrue, there are SCSI drives, external drives (either USB or firewire), and little flash drives. One more thing on hard drives where it says "ATA drives have large ribbon cables" agian untrue you can get rounded IDE cables.

In the pop up window for "Motherboards" its labeled "Video Card." Also where it says, "All of Metallic Surge's Systems have Abit motherboards in them." How can you say this then offer Asus for sale as well?

In the pop up window for "Video Cards" where it says "The video card is the component which will basically be responsible for how well games run on your computer." I wouldn't say that I would say, "The video card is component which is basically responsible for how well a game looks." Most computers can run games but without a nice vid card there not going to look very well. Also where it says, "This usually translates to an extremely low quality card which impossible to upgrade, trapping you in the future." Untrue, yes they are low quality and yes they can never be upgraded but it doesn't trap you. You can disable the onboard video and install a video card easily. It also says you offer the full line of ATI video cards which can range from $200-$700. The full line of ATI cards is a lot more video cards that just the three that you have offered below that. Also if you offered the full line the cheapest card would be a lot cheaper than $200.

In the "HSF" section the "...more" link doesn't work.

On this page none of the "top>>" links work.

In the "What measures are taken to make sure a system is stable?" section where it says "...Metallic Surge systems are put through a rigorous 24 hour test..." What program will you be using? I suggest Prime95 and suggest putting that in there somewhere.

In the "Water" section where it says, "connected to the SPU" I think you meant CPU. Also where it says, "Unlike air cooling, all of the heat from the CPU is transferred to outside the case." In air cooling its also transferred to outside of the case? Seeing that you have good air flow that is.

In the "Why wouldn't I just buy a computer from a big, well respected company?" section where it says, "...almost impossible to upgrade in the future." like I've said many of the things with the exception of like 2 (the motherboard and the CPU) can be upgraded. Also in this section where it says, "..on the front while filling ripping you off by..." I think "filling" isn't supposed to be there.

In the "What sort of warranties do you provide?" at the bottom I don't think "However, if the bios is locked, then" is supposed to be there.

On this page, I don't see the point in putting the monitors section there if you don't offer any monitors for sale. I would just put that in the beginning. I would put a warning with the Tornado that says "Warning VERY VERY LOUD" Also on that page like I said before I don't see why your going to offer PC3500 RAM when not one of the motherboard listed can handle anything more than PC3200. Also with the video card ealier you said you offered the NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, but its not on the quotes page. Also in the hard drives the 36.7gb and 73.4gb hard drives you have listed as S-ATA are SCSI not S-ATA. Also in the cases section I would offer a link to a pop up window to view the case that they have chosen or maybe a thumbnail. Also I see no optical drives listed for the person to choose. One more thing on this page is I don't know where you got your prices, but they are waaaaayyyy higher than anything I've seen. You must have upped them quite a bit to get quite a big profit yes?

Okay here is my last two cents. The site looks good other than what I have above and in my last post, but realistically I don't think any little computer company can compete with the big names of Dell, Compaq, HP, and go forbid Mac. As much as it does suck its the truth in my eyes. Most people just don't know about computers and don't want to know so they stupidly buy proprietary computers and are fine with that. Also why not add a little AMD into the mix, in most peoples opinions on this site its just as good if not better than Intel and quite a bit less price wise. Not wanting to start a flame war here so thats all i am gonna say if you don't want to go AMD thats cool too.

ok man here comes some more, I'm at work and i'm bored so I have nothing else better to do.

On this page at the bottom where it says "Got what you want? Ready to fill out a form? Want to contact us?" the link that says "More>>" just brings you back to the front page. On a deeper look this link doesn't work on any of the pages.

Next, on this page in the box that pops up when you click "...more" in the "RAM" section. Where it says "..gaming rigs should have 512mb of RAM." I would say "gaming rigs should have atleast 512mb of RAM" because I don't think they should just have 512mb. Most of us here on OCC have a gig and are hardcore. In that same box where it says "However, this is not always possible so things called dividers can be put in so the ram runs at a fraction of the FSB." I would say "However, this is not always possible. So things called dividers can be put in, so the ram runs at a fraction of the FSB."

Also on that "Components" page where it says "Cold Cathodes" I'd say "Cold Cathode Flourscent Light (CCFL)."

On "Optical Drives" I would say "Optical Drives, things such as..." and the "...more" link doesn't work.

In the "Hard Drive" pop up window where it says "The Hard Drives or HDDs can be a very simple or very comlicated matter. Basically, HDDs come in sizes from 36.7 GB to 160 GB. This number is the amount of data you can store on your computer. The bigger the number, the more you can store. Each HDD also has a speed; either 7200 or 10000 rpm." Untrue, you can get hdd's anywhere from 1gb to 320gb and speeds starting at 5400rpm's to 15000rpm's. Also where it says "Finally, a HDD is either ATA or Serial ATA." Also untrue, there are SCSI drives, external drives (either USB or firewire), and little flash drives. One more thing on hard drives where it says "ATA drives have large ribbon cables" agian untrue you can get rounded IDE cables.

In the pop up window for "Motherboards" its labeled "Video Card." Also where it says, "All of Metallic Surge's Systems have Abit motherboards in them." How can you say this then offer Asus for sale as well?

In the pop up window for "Video Cards" where it says "The video card is the component which will basically be responsible for how well games run on your computer." I wouldn't say that I would say, "The video card is component which is basically responsible for how well a game looks." Most computers can run games but without a nice vid card there not going to look very well. Also where it says, "This usually translates to an extremely low quality card which impossible to upgrade, trapping you in the future." Untrue, yes they are low quality and yes they can never be upgraded but it doesn't trap you. You can disable the onboard video and install a video card easily. It also says you offer the full line of ATI video cards which can range from $200-$700. The full line of ATI cards is a lot more video cards that just the three that you have offered below that. Also if you offered the full line the cheapest card would be a lot cheaper than $200.

In the "HSF" section the "...more" link doesn't work.

On this page none of the "top>>" links work.

In the "What measures are taken to make sure a system is stable?" section where it says "...Metallic Surge systems are put through a rigorous 24 hour test..." What program will you be using? I suggest Prime95 and suggest putting that in there somewhere.

In the "Water" section where it says, "connected to the SPU" I think you meant CPU. Also where it says, "Unlike air cooling, all of the heat from the CPU is transferred to outside the case." In air cooling its also transferred to outside of the case? Seeing that you have good air flow that is.

In the "Why wouldn't I just buy a computer from a big, well respected company?" section where it says, "...almost impossible to upgrade in the future." like I've said many of the things with the exception of like 2 (the motherboard and the CPU) can be upgraded. Also in this section where it says, "..on the front while filling ripping you off by..." I think "filling" isn't supposed to be there.

In the "What sort of warranties do you provide?" at the bottom I don't think "However, if the bios is locked, then" is supposed to be there.

On this page, I don't see the point in putting the monitors section there if you don't offer any monitors for sale. I would just put that in the beginning. I would put a warning with the Tornado that says "Warning VERY VERY LOUD" Also on that page like I said before I don't see why your going to offer PC3500 RAM when not one of the motherboard listed can handle anything more than PC3200. Also with the video card ealier you said you offered the NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, but its not on the quotes page. Also in the hard drives the 36.7gb and 73.4gb hard drives you have listed as S-ATA are SCSI not S-ATA. Also in the cases section I would offer a link to a pop up window to view the case that they have chosen or maybe a thumbnail. Also I see no optical drives listed for the person to choose. One more thing on this page is I don't know where you got your prices, but they are waaaaayyyy higher than anything I've seen. You must have upped them quite a bit to get quite a big profit yes?

Okay here is my last two cents. The site looks good other than what I have above and in my last post, but realistically I don't think any little computer company can compete with the big names of Dell, Compaq, HP, and go forbid Mac. As much as it does suck its the truth in my eyes. Most people just don't know about computers and don't want to know so they stupidly buy proprietary computers and are fine with that. Also why not add a little AMD into the mix, in most peoples opinions on this site its just as good if not better than Intel and quite a bit less price wise. Not wanting to start a flame war here so thats all i am gonna say if you don't want to go AMD thats cool too.

keep up the work ..nice site ..loll i was just looking @ the site and i learn something ;);)

Looks great man! This business allows less technically savvy computer users access to high performance, great looking systems. Things I would add:

1) Benchmarks: benchmark one of your systems against (a) comparitively priced Gateway, Compaq, or/and Dell system(s). That will give give a little more info for potential customers on the actual peformance of your rigs. 3dmark01, 3dmark03, and Sandra's CPU arithemetic benchmark would be good.

2) Lower-priced alternatives: Intel does have the advantage of being a well known company, but the price may just be driving buyers away. It might be a good idea to include a couple of AMD chips and motherboards as a lower cost alternative. A comparison between the two manufacturers 32 bit chips might be good, so users can know the pros and cons of each CPU and determine their best pick. Once again, benchmarks are also good.

3) Product links: add product links next to each of the items. That way, users can view the product specs directly from the manufacturer.

Hope that helps. Really great job on the site and info!

Slyc, u da bomb man! I can't express how grateful i am. lol. It really means a lot. I hope you get bored at work more! Thanks so so much, really appreaciated,

Ted

no problem man, i actually thank u for giving me something to do at work last night, maybe i shoudl go work on my website tonight.

Um, so I made most of the changes but now Im having freaking trouble with server but hopefully ill sort that out soon. Um, keep in mind the prices are in CANADIAN dollars, so there not that high, but some are old and have to be changed. Any other constructive criticisms would be gladly appreaciated and i dont know amd very well so i would fell uncomfortable setting up systems with them. Also, the 36.7 and 72 are SATA arent they, like the raptor drives. Im pretty sure they are. ANythin else im missin? Thanks again guys,

Ted

O ya and i use dreamweaver and flash too.

Edited by OCit

in this picture... under HSF... it says "The HSF is extremelly important espically when a system is overclocker"

that should read "The HSF is extremelly important espically when a system is overclocked"

Ya i changed that but for some reason im having trouble uploading. It connects to my providers site, but the say "Waiting for server" , then like exits. Any suggestions on what the problem mught bew cuz now i cant connect. Grrrr. THanks,

Ted

Edit: Ok I fixed the uploading problem. Sly c, all your suggestions should be changed. If you see anything wrong please tell me. And I also thik the benchmark thing is a really good idea so I'm going to benchmark the sample system. However, what should I compare it too? Thanks so much guys,

Ted

Edited by OCit