new user

szabo

Hello all, I'm a new user, I'm 27 y.o., male, from New Jersey, USA and I'm in the process of my first build, an AMD based gaming/multipurpose setup. I've modded or upgraded every pc i've ever had, this is just my first time starting from scratch.

Here's whats going to be in my rig:

antec skeleton case (already received, modding the case as well)

asus crosshair iv

amd phenom ii x4 965be

corsair 750hx (already purchased, not yet received)

8gb Gskill ripjaw (2x4gb)

cooler master v6 (already purchased, not yet received)

sapphire radeon hd 5770 1gb (eventually will crossfire 2 of these, don't have the cash for that just yet)

ocz onyx 64gb SSD boot drive

undecided 1tb hdd for storage ( i don't really need a lot of storage space, but may still go larger)

The mod i'm doing to my skeleton case is pretty simple, i'm painting all of the grey parts flat black, and cutting the antec logo completely off of the case, and installing an lcd temp display where it used to be

I'm not even going to attach it to my fans as a controller, just attach the temp sensors as it's more for fashion than function.

I'm not necessarily asking for any advice or tips, but i certainly wouldn't turn any away either!

cheers

szabo

Pics will absolutely come as soon as ready. I'll be finished with the paint job tomorrow but won't be able to install the LCD display until probably early next week as I just ordered it yesterday. I considered the x6 but I really want to give oc'ing a shot and I thought I wouldn't have as much headroom with the 6. Not really sure where I got that idea so I could be wrong.

Another note: October 15-17 is my target date for completion as I don't want a huge credit card bill and I'm buying just a couple pieces a month.

Pics will absolutely come as soon as ready. I'll be finished with the paint job tomorrow but won't be able to install the LCD display until probably early next week as I just ordered it yesterday. I considered the x6 but I really want to give oc'ing a shot and I thought I wouldn't have as much headroom with the 6. Not really sure where I got that idea so I could be wrong.

Another note: October 15-17 is my target date for completion as I don't want a huge credit card bill and I'm buying just a couple pieces a month.

the 1055t is a very good overclocker despite not being a "black edition" . Overclocks fine just requires a little bit more work

Oh and WELCOME TO OCC

Edited by ShallowBay

Update: ordered all of the components for my build, couldn't wait any longer/didn't care about charging up the ol' amex.

New build:

antec skeleton

crosshair iv

phenom ii 1055t

sapphire 5770 (getting a 5770 flex as a future upgrade)

4gb mushkin blackline (another 4gb to follow as a future upgrade)

corsair 750hx

noctua nhu12p (returned my v6 in favor of this as i got it for $60 from tiger direct!)

asus optical dvd drive

mushkin 64gb callisto deluxe ssd

storage drive to come as my next upgrade, didn't really feel i needed one yet until i sell my other computer

heatsink isn't going to fit in the skeleton stock, but it looks like i'll fit it with a little more modification to the case. Pics will come when my stuff arrives!