Memory problem

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dr,

i using this config because i working in preparing of satellite orthophoto maps and manipulation of large geodatabases, using bunch of CAD/GIS and Geootiff software (erdas imagine, global mapper, arcgis, civil 3d, etc.) Would appreciate help to overclock.

thx,

To l1o2l

on the first power on bios showing in two lines that have installed ram in all 6 banks (first line), and below shoving that only first 5 banks have usable ram and that bank 6 is empty. i try to change the mem modules from bank to bank but the message is the same on the first power on, after rebooting everything is ok.

thx.

Well heck, that explains it!

Why are you using 12G????? And why that board? By the looks of your system, you wasted a ton of cash........ The UD5 would have sufficed... You have a lot of overkill there so lets overclock the snot out of it. It is paid for!

Doc,

help me to overclock..

Thx

Smiki -

Did you get your issue resolved with the system only showing 10Gb of the 12Gb installed? There isn't any since in overclocking until that issue is resolved. Please confirm, and then we can help with overclocking.

Regards,

Wev

Smiki -

Did you get your issue resolved with the system only showing 10Gb of the 12Gb installed? There isn't any since in overclocking until that issue is resolved. Please confirm, and then we can help with overclocking.

Regards,

Wev

Wev,

I think so... reassembled all again and after that no error messages,(showing 12 of 12 Gb). Statistically from 10 power off/ on.

Regards,

Smiki

Smiki,

That's good news.

Clocking your i7 960 to 3.8Ghz shouldn't be any problem at all.

Disable Intel Turbo Mode

Change your blck from Auto to a blck of 160

Check your resulting memory frequency and make sure it is at or below DDR3 1333 speeds. If not you'll need to use a memory multiplier to reduce the memory operating frequency

You're done.

CPU Voltage = Take off Auto and set to 1.264

DRAM Voltage = Set to 1.55

QPI/VTT Voltage = 1.30

I noticed in your screen shots that you've increased DRAM voltage to 1.64 vdimm. That is pretty high for your particular modules (which are rated at 1.5 vdimm).

If I were you I'd try lowering your DRAM voltage as long as that doesn't start resulting in missing memory again.

Regards,

Wev

Edited by wevsspot

If the o/c fails stress test, increase vcore from 1.264 to 1.288

Hi Wev,

i think i made... after various crashes and blue screens finally it's stable (Prime95 pass, occt pass, everst pass). Thx mate you awesome..

CPU CLOCK RATIO: 24X

CPU FREQUENCY: 3.84GHz

INTEL TURBO MODE: DISABLED

INTEL C1E STATE: ENABLED

C3/C6/C7 STATE: DISABLED

CPU THERMAL MONITOR: ENABLED

CPU EIST FUNCTION: ENABLED

BI-DIRECTIONAL PROCHOT: ENABLED

QPI CLOCK RATIO: AUTO

QPI LINK SPEED: 5.76GHz

UNCORE CLOCK RATIO: AUTO

UNCORE FREQUENCY: 3200MHz

BCLK: 160MHz

SYSTEM MEMORY MULTIPLIER: 8.0

MEMORY FREQUENCY: 1280MHz

PCI EXPRESS FREQUENCY: AUTO

CPU CLOCK DRIVE: 700Mv

PCI EXPRESS CLOCK DRIVE: 700Mv

CPU CLOCK SKEW: OPS

IOH CLOCK SKEW: OPS

MEMORY CHANEL TIMING (A, B, C): 9-9-9-24 (EVERYTHING ELSE AUTO)

VOLTAGE SETTINGS

CPU VCORE: 1.26875

QPI/VTT: 1.315

DRAM: 1.540

PCIE: AUTO

CPU PLL: AUTO

QPI PLL: AUTO

IOH CORE: AUTO

ICH I/O: AUTO

ICH CORE: AUTO

DRAM TERMINATION: AUTO

CH-A DATA VRERF: AUTO

CH-B DATA VRERF: AUTO

CH-C DATA VRERF: AUTO

CH-A ADRESS VREF: AUTO

CH-B ADRESS VREF: AUTO

CH-C ADRESS VREF: AUTO

ISOCHRONUOS SUPPORT: ENABLED

VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY: ENABLED

MAX TEMPERATURE

CORE1: 70

CORE2: 65

CORE3: 68

CORE4: 63

P.S. this is my final configuration... suggestions (if any?)

Edited by Smiki007

Turn off CPU Thermal Monitor. If it is enabled cpu will begin throttling near Tjmax - thereby reducing the good overclock you've got going now. 24/7 gaming temp 75C or below is completely safe for long term use. Intel Tjmax for the i7 930 is 67.9C

Other than that you look golden. Especially considering that you are stable on various stress testing programs.

You can get your memory closer to it's rated speed by giving yourself a bump on blck. Change it from 160 to 162 and rerun stress tests. That will also give you a bump in your CPU operating frequency to 3.888 :)

This should be easy and not require any other changes except for the blck setting. If it fails stress testing bump your CPU voltage up to 1.2888

Hey, are you using the stock Intel cooler or an aftermarket? If using the stock intel cooler keep a close eye on temps. You can use RealTemp for that. It's accurate, easy to use and has a small footprint.

Edited by wevsspot