Memory problem

Hi,

i have the ram memory problem (every time when i power on my computer) in the windows 7 computer properties showing:

Memory (RAM) 12Gb (10Gb available). After reboot everything is normal 12Gb of 12. All original bios setup (no OC).

Here is my configuration:

mobo: gigabyte x58a-ud9

cpu: i7 960 3.2 Ghz, Coolermaster Hyper N520 cooler,

ram memory: 12Gb CORSAIR XMS3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (6 x 2 Gb),

video: gigabyte gtx 480

psu: corsair hx1000w

thx for your help

P.S.

also, id like to overclock my cpu to 3.8 GHz without blowing my comp, instruction please...

Edited by Smiki007

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you first turn on the computer, does it recognize all 12 gb? If it does, its probably an operating system issue. As for overclocking, I have no clue how to overclock a i7. Switched over to AMD from Pentium D.

Why are you using 12G????? And why that board? By the looks of your system, you wasted a ton of cash........ The UD5 would have sufficed... You have a lot of overkill there so lets overclock the snot out of it. It is paid for!

Edited by Drdeath

To look cool, waste money, and get amazing performance at the cost of using more energy. Oh, and to pick up chicks :P

Edited by l1o2l

Why are you using 12G????? And why that board? By the looks of your system, you wasted a ton of cash........ The UD5 would have sufficed... You have a lot of overkill there so lets overclock the snot out of it. It is paid for!

Hi Dr,

i using this config because i working in preparing of satellite orthophoto maps and manipulation of large geodatabases, using bunch of CAD/GIS and Geootiff software (erdas imagine, global mapper, arcgis, civil 3d, etc.) Would appreciate help to overclock.

thx,

To l1o2l

on the first power on bios showing in two lines that have installed ram in all 6 banks (first line), and below shoving that only first 5 banks have usable ram and that bank 6 is empty. i try to change the mem modules from bank to bank but the message is the same on the first power on, after rebooting everything is ok.

thx.

smiki,

post up your;

cpu voltage

dram voltage

qpi/vtt voltage

are you running the latest bios?

F3 or F4e?

wevsspot,

everything is on auto, bios F3 (not to much familiar with OC, original bios settings except or ram which i config to 9-9-9-24....74..ct1), at the moment I'm not at my home later on will post exact numbers)

Edited by Smiki007

wevsspot,

attached files showing everything about my ram memory problem. all pict which showing only 10Gb usable memory occurring after power on (first power on or any power on after about 10 min. of power of), the rest of the pcts showing all 12 Gb of ram which happened when i reboot my comp after power on.