The little Propus that could

IVIYTH0S

You can definitely get more out of it, at least I think you can.

I had my 620 running at 3.7 daily. My voltages were quite high, and I was using an H50 for cooling. I was running at daily for over two months without a hitch.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see if there is any secrets to be unveiled here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2NLo_5ieE if you havent already seen it (top result on youtube search so wouldnt surprise me). He has written a few things in the comments area that reveal what he did in order to get his to 3.8ghz. Maybe its worth just looking it up maybe it might push it a bit further, tomorrow i might try getting mine to 3.8ghz. Good luck

1.6v?!?! lol

You can definitely get more out of it, at least I think you can.

I had my 620 running at 3.7 daily. My voltages were quite high, and I was using an H50 for cooling. I was running at daily for over two months without a hitch.

how high??

I remember it stabled up at 3.425 when I upped the voltage from 1.5v to 1.538v which didn't seem worth it (I think trying the next block up and it wasn't stable again)

I overclocked my own cpu last night and i discovered that it is the ram holding you back. I hit a wall at 280mhz base clock, however as soon as i overvolted my ram it let me all of the way up to 295, thats 3.85ghz. I believe there is still quite a bit further to go if you type in the ram timings yourself, howver im not so good with ram timimgs so ill have to learn how to use them better before i go playing about with them. But like that man claimed on youtube, he was able to get his all of the way up to a base clock of 325, which is high and he explained that he typed in the timimgs himself and itwas only 325 being the max on his mobo that held him back. My bios setting were pretty messed up as i was just playing around but ill give them to you anyway. But just keep on playing with the ram voltages and timings and you will make it.

CPU/HT - 295

Gpu Overclocking - 150

pci overclcocking - 100

multiplier - x13

cpu/nb frequency - 4.00x

cpu overvolt - 1.60000v

ht link frequency - 200

mem clock - 400

memory overvoltage - 1.57500

memory timings - auto (alter these)

chipset overvoltage - 1.20500

sv overvoltage - 1.35

Advanced clock callibration - auto

The voltages are all over the place because i was just playing around to find the culprit but the true culprit is the ram so give it a go. hope this helps.

I overclocked my own cpu last night and i discovered that it is the ram holding you back. I hit a wall at 280mhz base clock, however as soon as i overvolted my ram it let me all of the way up to 295, thats 3.85ghz. I believe there is still quite a bit further to go if you type in the ram timings yourself, howver im not so good with ram timimgs so ill have to learn how to use them better before i go playing about with them. But like that man claimed on youtube, he was able to get his all of the way up to a base clock of 325, which is high and he explained that he typed in the timimgs himself and itwas only 325 being the max on his mobo that held him back. My bios setting were pretty messed up as i was just playing around but ill give them to you anyway. But just keep on playing with the ram voltages and timings and you will make it.

CPU/HT - 295

Gpu Overclocking - 150

pci overclcocking - 100

multiplier - x13

cpu/nb frequency - 4.00x

cpu overvolt - 1.60000v

ht link frequency - 200

mem clock - 400

memory overvoltage - 1.57500

memory timings - auto (alter these)

chipset overvoltage - 1.20500

sv overvoltage - 1.35

Advanced clock callibration - auto

The voltages are all over the place because i was just playing around to find the culprit but the true culprit is the ram so give it a go. hope this helps.

The difference between 1.538 and 1.6 is huge. He doesn't want to overvolt it that much because he won't be the person using the machine, and likely will not have extreme cooling.

I've never enabled ACC before but I read in some cases, if you have a certain batch 620, that you'll enable L3 Cache (which mine didn't) but it seems to be overclocking better with it on.

Something that's confusing me is that now my temperature sensors for each core are bonkers. The CPU sensor works but the individual core temps start at 15C and go to 0C.

I've got this up to 3.432ghz now with ACC and am trying for 3.44ghz.

I reeeeally dont think it's my memory holding me back since it's only running at 1060mhz which is far under it's rated speeds and I've ran memtest at my old wall and it doesn't give a peep.

So am I an idiot and should have had ACC enabled the whole time??

Also another thing, should I increase the HT Clock up linear with the NB Clock?? I've been trying to hover the HT Clock around 1800-2000mhz

To start off with i know 1.6v is very high but i was just rushing to find a solution to the overclcoking problems quickly so i just changed everything to find the culprit. However with the ram, mine too showed up way within the frequency limits, around 1100mhz, but as soon as i overvolted it the base clock allowed me to up to 295. It doesnt seem anything needs altering but try it, it will prove my point. I also tried the acc last night and it let me oc a bit further too, allowing at least 5 mhz on the base clock. just try the ram it is the culprit.

EDIT

sorry forgot to respond to the ht question, it really doesnt matter what the ht is at just as long as it is under about 2800 with this chip, anywhere above that it becomes unstable so it isnt really important to the overclock , like i said i just lowered mine to find what was holding me back, im gonna try a base clock of 325 with altered ram timings later to see what happens.

Edited by bobby898

TBH i think you have had a lot of patience to get this far lol. It took me ages to manage to get high frequencies out of this cpu, and i was bored out of my brains to make myself to sit there for hours on end trying to drain evry last drop of performance out of it, and even when you do, you have to pump ridiculous voltages through it anyway, it just isn't worth it. I suppose it has got quite far though, in your case 800mhz which is respectable for a £60 chip.

TBH i think you have had a lot of patience to get this far lol. It took me ages to manage to get high frequencies out of this cpu, and i was bored out of my brains to make myself to sit there for hours on end trying to drain evry last drop of performance out of it, and even when you do, you have to pump ridiculous voltages through it anyway, it just isn't worth it. I suppose it has got quite far though, in your case 800mhz which is respectable for a £60 chip.

Thanks, ya if it was mine I'd run 1.6v and see what I could do but it's for a 24/7 usage cousin. I lowered the timings down as far as each would go and quickly pass memtest, now I'm p95'n it with the lowest timings I could find. Then I'll give all of it to her tomorrow. (I guess I could overclock the 460 too!)