The little Propus that could

IVIYTH0S

Seems like ur mobo doenot like the multi 13 so u put it down to 12.5 and kept increasing the base clock,but be careful i noticed that ur mobo does not have a mosfet heatsink so u better get a fan or heatsink to cool it there,cuz if u overvolt the mosfets can get burned just like how mine did. :thumbsup:

yea i have a biostar board its a 790GX, no mosfet coolers. that thing runs HOT. .. . so watch out :P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i have a biostar board its a 790GX, no mosfet coolers. that thing runs HOT. .. . so watch out :P

I think the "TMPIN1" is referring to them and doesnt seem to ever go over 50C (so far) so I think it's ok for now.

luckily Biostar keep the sink all the same for most of their boards....hit up Hit-and-Run as he made me a couple for a really good price....

got one ready for my 785G board

Sadly I have no more money left over from her build (maybe like 4 dollars max lol) but I dont think I'll need anything. Not lookin for world records, just want to squeeze all I can with what I have. But thanks for all your help so far and suggestions, I'll get some bios shots up soon so you can see what kinda variables I'm workin with

I have managed to get 3.6ghz out of this chip. Put your multiplier on 13x and bus on 276. overvolt the nb to 1.16V (not sure if they differ on different boards) and then set the cpu voltage to 1.55 (begin lowering once booted and stable). Finally depending on your ram set it to the lowest frequency (mines ddr3 1333mhz set to 400mhz/800mhz on overclock). Once certain your sytsem is stable start fine tuning to see what is best for you. Hope this helps.

I have managed to get 3.6ghz out of this chip. Put your multiplier on 13x and bus on 276. overvolt the nb to 1.16V (not sure if they differ on different boards) and then set the cpu voltage to 1.55 (begin lowering once booted and stable). Finally depending on your ram set it to the lowest frequency (mines ddr3 1333mhz set to 400mhz/800mhz on overclock). Once certain your sytsem is stable start fine tuning to see what is best for you. Hope this helps.

yeah I guess I could try one last hurrah before I call it. I already have the ram (yes it's 1333mhz) at the lowest divider as it is but I'll try bumpin the multi back up and by NB are you talking about the CPU-NB or actual motherboard voltage?

NB-motherboard voltage, without overvolting this i cannot get past a base clock of 230, but if i o.v. it i manage to get all the way up to 285 with this cpu (not stable of course). but 3.412ghz is pretty good for this chip. I hear that the athlon 630 oc's further due to it requiring less voltage and of course its higher multi at default thus requiring less of a base clock, but 3.6ghz is what ive managed to get out of the 620 when stable. Hope this helps.

NB-motherboard voltage, without overvolting this i cannot get past a base clock of 230, but if i o.v. it i manage to get all the way up to 285 with this cpu (not stable of course). but 3.412ghz is pretty good for this chip. I hear that the athlon 630 oc's further due to it requiring less voltage and of course its higher multi at default thus requiring less of a base clock, but 3.6ghz is what ive managed to get out of the 620 when stable. Hope this helps.

I'll try it but it's not fairing any better with the higher multi, the motherboard cooling is rather skimpy but I guess I can try 1.45v. (it's 1.35v now and was 1.25v stock) 1.45v is still only yellow so I think it'd be ok, if only for a short testing period to see if it's what I'm lacking. 3.5ghz was a no go either, I'll keep working down, I'm starting to think this just isn't one of the good 620's but still for $60, I'll take it anyday!!

Well considering it is only about 170mhz difference i think it has done well in order to get that far. It is common to get different frequencies out of cpus anyway, there is somebody i have seen on youtube that managed to get their up to 3.8ghz on the propus not deneb so thats just one lucky guy. however if it cant be pushed no further i would leave it at a pretty speedy 3.4ghz which aint bad for like you said $60. btw what mobo do u have?

Well considering it is only about 170mhz difference i think it has done well in order to get that far. It is common to get different frequencies out of cpus anyway, there is somebody i have seen on youtube that managed to get their up to 3.8ghz on the propus not deneb so thats just one lucky guy. however if it cant be pushed no further i would leave it at a pretty speedy 3.4ghz which aint bad for like you said $60. btw what mobo do u have?

CPU: Athlon II x4 620

Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB3 (790GX)

RAM: Geil 2x2GB 1333mhz DDR3

Cooler: Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer 120mm

Ya I hear the good 620's get around 3.8, that's what I was hoping for but this should be high enough to not bottle neck her 460 GTX @ 1920x1080 I'd imagine.

see if there is any secrets to be unveiled here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO2NLo_5ieE if you havent already seen it (top result on youtube search so wouldnt surprise me). He has written a few things in the comments area that reveal what he did in order to get his to 3.8ghz. Maybe its worth just looking it up maybe it might push it a bit further, tomorrow i might try getting mine to 3.8ghz. Good luck