OCC Movie Nights

Deathmineral

Change the Day  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which days would be most convenient for you guys?

• Sunday
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday

I went to the site on my Incredible and it worked fine. a little laggy, but what could I expect? Still played.

It was laggy even on pc. Probably the connection not the device, as the res should not have been too much trouble(it was quite low).

I'm using XSplit. It's in beta so it's free right now. But it works great.

I couldn't get Wirecast to install correctly but it's supposed to be really good.

Edited by _TheAlexO

Did you get the VLC API working, or are you still using that other software?

Still using the other one. I've spent a good portion of today repairing my borked Windows install because the lovely HDD I was trying to diagnose locked my machine mid-Windows update. :lol:

Some things output video in a separate overlaid window to prevent screen grabs. It's an anti-piracy thing. (At least I'm pretty sure this exists; been awhile since I've heard/read about it.)

Oh well I guess HDCP is screwing up my bluray streaming plans. Sucks really. I need to find a way around this :evilgrin:

Oh well I guess HDCP is screwing up my bluray streaming plans. Sucks really. I need to find a way around this :evilgrin:

Might be able to rip the BD and play it in something, like VLC, to get around it. By the way, ripping a BD isn't illegal because you are allowed one backup copy of your media. Just don't make multiple copies, distribute, or sell them.

Unfortunately, the software to do this is not often free. However, the next version of VLC is supposed to support Blu-Ray disc playback, so that may work, but it isn't out yet.

I really wish xsplit would stay free, but they are closing the beta soon and making it cost money, although there may be a free version that just has less features.(I use it to stream games every now and then)