Deathmineral

OCC Movie Nights

Change the Day  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which days would be most convenient for you guys?

• Sunday
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday

Bump to this. I remember last time was Shawn of the Dead and it was my first time, I loved it. I am sad that this hasn't happened since :(

We could try it again maybe, I'll see about getting it up and running again, though it may take a while since I just did a fresh install of Windows.

I would gladly do it, but my internet isn't that great, especially for the quality needed to enjoy a movie. I really do hope we get this up and running again!

Although I guess streaming movies is less demanding than streaming online games.

Edited by Krieg1337

Well, If I do start this up again, I'll probably use Ustream or Livestream, it's kind of hard for me to setup what I had before, let me what you guys think, so far Ustream looks like a solid choice, I don't know if they have ads or not but I remember lots of complaints about ads with Livestream. At the very least I can confirm that any ads Ustream has are successfully blocked with ABP.

Well, If I do start this up again, I'll probably use Ustream or Livestream, it's kind of hard for me to setup what I had before, let me what you guys think, so far Ustream looks like a solid choice, I don't know if they have ads or not but I remember lots of complaints about ads with Livestream. At the very least I can confirm that any ads Ustream has are successfully blocked with ABP.

What's wrong with justin.tv ? jw

I am pretty sure they will ban you if they find out you are streaming movies. I looked it up as well and I know that TwitchTV will instantly ban you and JustinTV looks like they will too.

I forgot these even existed -- only really sat in once...

But could be up to more -- if the movie were right. :)

I think everyone getting together on IRC chat was pretty nice. The movie was good, but having many of us together in chat was even better =)

It's not JTV, it's having to setup all the software again, kind of a pain, but if you guys would prefer it, I'd be willing to go with it, and it would be easier in some ways anyhow, since I already have an account there and already know the software as well.

I am pretty sure they will ban you if they find out you are streaming movies. I looked it up as well and I know that TwitchTV will instantly ban you and JustinTV looks like they will too.

I imagine any of these sites will do that, they won't bother this though, they only go after people that are casting stuff and getting a lot of views really. There's too few viewers in this case.

Actually, now that I've had some time to think about it, I think I will stick with JTV, if I can figure out this software.

FME is very easy to setup, at least it was for games so I would assume movies aren't that much harder to set up for.

Anything is fine with me. Whatever works for whoever is hosting.

What about the LOTR trilogy? :evilgrin:

It's not JTV, it's having to setup all the software again, kind of a pain, but if you guys would prefer it, I'd be willing to go with it, and it would be easier in some ways anyhow, since I already have an account there and already know the software as well.

I imagine any of these sites will do that, they won't bother this though, they only go after people that are casting stuff and getting a lot of views really. There's too few viewers in this case.

Actually, now that I've had some time to think about it, I think I will stick with JTV, if I can figure out this software.

Add to the fact that we could always make it a private account with a password....they're probably banning people to cover their butt with public exposure to the wrong person stumbling channels...but we're all the "right people" :P

I'll have to see if my machine is still setup to stream, it's been quite a while